Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Spruell isn't selling the rubber mounts to go with the aluminum reinforcements anymore. What are the most durable motor mounts?
Rande

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I just looked at them on the Spruell website-- the HD race mounts are higher durometer rubber, 70-80 Shore A hardness, they say. And they are the rectangular cross section, also. At $88 per set, those are my next mounts.
My son and I installed new mounts on my S4 about three years ago, and the PS is already sagging. Grrrrr :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
These are the ones you want to use. The HD race ones will give you a little more vibration then normal. Pirelli made these back in the day. The Alfa independent I worked at in the 80's and 90's used these. They far out lasted the original round oem ones. I've been using the normal duty square ones for about 4 years now. I have put them on several customers cars.

The round ones that are made by Akron nowadays. Suck. Once on with the engine weight. They sit lower then the original oem rounds ones did. Also the passenger side plate is bonded on off center. So you have to either open up the slot or twist the plate to get the bolt in.

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the ones you want to use. The HD race ones will give you a little more vibration then normal. Pirelli made these back in the day. The Alfa independent I worked at in the 80's and 90's used these. They far out lasted the original round oem ones. I've been using the normal duty square ones for about 4 years now. I have put them on several customers cars.

The round ones that are made by Akron nowadays. Suck. Once on with the engine weight. They sit lower then the original oem rounds ones did. Also the passenger side plate is bonded on off center. So you have to either open up the slot or twist the plate to get the bolt in.
Thank you Jim!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts