Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I was wondering if any one can recommend the best quality and authenticity seat covers for an 1986 Graduate. Is there a manufacturer or company (autoberry, centerline, etc.) they've really had great success with, and can recommend?

And are the originals in the 1986 Graduate vinyl or leather?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
John

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Original seat material for all Graduates is vinyl. I don't think I have seen any of the modern vinyls from the usual Alfa suppliers that aren't at least as good as the OEM material, and look just as good. Nonetheless, when it comes to the exact, original, stitching, then it is only 100% correct from the original European source. Mind you, this is truly nit-picking as I doubt that anyone, except a Spider expert, would be able to tell the difference.

The Graduate is the "enthusiast" edition, which does not have any of the luxury type features of the Veloce (canvas top, leather seats, clock, color-matched remote mirrors, power windows, embossed trunk carpet, alloy wheels, etc.), and was therefore more affordable.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I could use seat cover to. At least for the drivers side...

My Grad came with electric mirrors & clock. Maybe added at the dealer oe ordered as options?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I could use seat cover to. At least for the drivers side...

My Grad came with electric mirrors & clock. Maybe added at the dealer oe ordered as options?
Jon,
It's color-matched electric mirrors... '85 Grads had chrome non-remote mirrors and the for the remaining years they had black electric mirrors... I think I misspoke about the clock, as after reading your post I realize that if I did not come with a clock, there would have to be a cover, which I don't think there ever was...

Best regards,

·
Registered
115 Posts
I picked up seat coverss for my Silverado from Leatherseats.com. I just tried working through their seat cover selector and didn't come up with anything for an Alfa Spider. They did however offer to make a cover for my console armrest for the silverado if I sent my old one in for template.
I will say they did a very good job for fit and finish for my covers and were excellent to deal with. Highly recommend them.
You might want to give them a call and see if they can make a matching set for yours if you send in your originals.
As a reference my covers, which included two tone leather, heated seats for the front, a full 60/40 rear bench and custom embroidery on the headrests came to $1000 delivered to my door. I installed them in about 8 hours.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I got the leather kit from World Upholstery about 7 years ago. I think the vinyl kit is about half the price. They fit real well, looked original and are still good today after about 50,000 miles of use. They ain't cheap though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts