Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to buy a gtv and want a good shop to help with a twin-spark transplant. I'm in West LA and have seen Omega Motorsport in Culver City. Are they any good? I see Santo's in Northridge gets high marks from some of you. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
666 Posts
You're lucky to live in the LA area- a fair number of good shops and mechanics that know Alfas are within a reasonable geographic area. I do highly recommend Santo in Northridge- very honest, very good and very reasonable- he helped me out a lot when I was living in Ventura Co. both with parts and service, especially on some hard to find bits and pieces for my Duetto. I haven't dealt with Omega, but if I remember correctly, they are reputable as well. I'm sure others on the board will chime in with good recommendations- good luck! :D

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
I am preparing to buy a gtv and want a good shop to help with a twin-spark transplant. I'm in West LA and have seen Omega Motorsport in Culver City. Are they any good? I see Santo's in Northridge gets high marks from some of you. Any suggestions?
Uwe @ Omega is an excellent mechanic. I would suggest using him but I am not sure he will be interested(or really have the time, you have to talk with him) or not in a twinspark conversion. But that said your in good hands with him. He works alone with some help but that is the reason for time.
I would say he is one of the best around.

Good luck.
Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well when i say "help with a TS" conversion, i mean DO the conversion :p i work about 60+ hours week so i don't have time for weekend wrenching like i once did. thanks for advice. i'll see if eitehr of those shops is interested in the work

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another Omega recommend

I've had a lot of work done at Omega Motorsports in Culver city. His work is fantastic. He is always able to solve any problems I may have, but I'd call for an appointment. His number is 310-836-3160. His shop is off Venice Blvd., and Clarington St. Just East of the 405. He stays pretty busy.

Bill Bergman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Repair shop

Good morning all,

I am the proud new owner of a 1986 Spider Veloce. It is garaged near Los Angeles Int'l Airport in Westchester. The car ran well (I'm told) some years ago but the old owner parked it in a garage, disconnected the battery and its sat now for 8 years or so. I need someone who can go through the car and get it back into running order for me. I'm sure hoses and gaskets will all need to be replaced, etcetera. I've read the post below with recommendations, but I thought I'd ask again for suggestions since the posts are few years old.
Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Benny will get it up and running quickly. He just rebuilt my engine and I've pretty much had him restore or refresh every system in my spider, large and small. Never have had to go back because a repair didn't do the trick. He does it right the first time. And, I'm always surprised when I get the bill- surprised that its not bigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts