Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What experience do forum members have with 11mm cams? Specific application is a 1750 going into a 1961 Sprint.

I see Centerline has 11.1, Alfaholics has 10.9 and Norman Racing offers some that are 11mm as well.

Apologies if this is too oft discussed. I spent a lot of time looking and mostly found discussions of mystery cams and claims that "torquey cams are good", but no specific experience with cams that can be ordered easily.

So, I did think about the subject so the next person can find the advice.

·
Richard Jemison
7,376 Posts
Cams

Whatever you decide to buy you need to be aware that using cams of the same design on intake and exhaust will not get the same result as cams properly designed for the intake and cams designed for the exhaust side properly paired.
This is the only way to get correct valve event timing to maximize the powerstroke to get good drivability (torque and HP) without requiring higher RPMs to get the benefit of the larger cams.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
I've tried a couple of combinations. I'm back to the 11mm Centerline cam on the exhaust side and Wes Ingram's 12mm delta cam on the intake. It works extremely well, for me. I'm not going to say it's the end all, there are great cams out there but again, for me it works. The speed limit is 75 on the interstate and I'm passing traffic before the on ramp lane ends. I wouldn't expect big improvements from just cams. It's a system and to get the most out of any cams porting, springs, exhaust, intake, ignition, the whole smear needs to be addressed.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Sensitive today are we? If you want to waste bandwidth with a smear campaign have at it. Btw it's East Texas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts