Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an ebay store that is selling spark plugs that they say are a replacement for lodge 2HL. They are selling these from Italy.
The plugs are made in France by Beru (a Borg Warner co.). Plug number is UX56.
The USA connection is: Kingsborne.Com. in California.
The Beru plugs were installed and sent out in many Alfa Romeo cars from the factory.
Has any one tried these plugs?

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
This it?

Based on it's design, I wouldn't say it's a 'replacement' for Lodge other than yes it will make spark like a plug is expected to. The design is much closer to a Bosch +4, which is actually **** in the nord engines due to spark mask.

Seems there was an old thread around here somewhere that talked about them momentarily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spark plugs

Looks like this , but has a less protruding +4 electrode.
Beru calms that it is a 2hl replacement using new technology and materials.
Wonder if Beru makes plugs for Bosch? The price is the same for either plug.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just got some of these since i needed to replace the o' golden lodge and figure to give them a try. I just installed them last nite and so far so good.

the 4 electrodes are actually on 2 different plane. 2 opposite are higher and matching the height of the center tip, while 2 other opposite electrodes match the lower side of center tip. I think that's to optimize 2 electrodes when it's new, and 2 for the 2nd half of lift span, not a bad idea. The center tip was more conventional though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts