Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a BERU electronic (pointless) distributor in their Alfa?
I have one in my 77 spider and looking for information about it and parts for it (cap and rotor) . It was put in by the previous owner.
I have had no problems with the system. The spider runs strong and smooth with this system and the SPICA injection. I have had the spider for sometime, drive it everyday. Never a problem starting or going for a long drive.
Thanks
Nick

·
Super Moderator
11,379 Posts
In searching their website, I learned that Beru is a unit of Borg Warner based in Germany. I don't think they make entire distributors (though I could be wrong). They do make caps and rotors, and probably have models that fit Bosch and/or Marelli distributors. See: Distributor Caps / Distributor Rotors — Reliable High Voltage Distribution

So is it possible that you have a factory distributor body with a Beru cap, and an aftermarket electronics module?

·
Registered
293 Posts
So is it possible that you have a factory distributor body with a Beru cap, and an aftermarket electronics module?
That's why I asked for pictures. I've used Beru caps/rotors in the past. Now I usually get parts from the Standard brand, which most auto parts stores in this area. Alfa parts are always in stock, too! (at least for the Bosch disty's).

·
Registered
83 Posts
BERU is a high quality parts manufacturer that along with BREMI provide really high quality replacements for Bosch parts. Chances are you have a Bosch distributor with a BERU cap and rotor. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts