Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been discussing the badges on the early stepnose GTV with a friend.
My car has all silver colored "Disegno di Bertone" badges, with no color on the text.
(The color could have been polished out during restoration, I don't know)

I have seen pictures of these badges with text infilled black and others with blue.
Searching the forum shows a couple instances of people implying the badges were all silver originally.

The brochure I have seems to show a badge that may be all silver.

Any knowledgeable comments out there? Should my badges have colored text? Black or Blue? But is does look cool as they are now, all silver, to my eyes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,943 Posts
The color could have been polished out during restoration
Yes, that's what looks like has happened. As Sketchl wrote, the badges for the early GT's look like the photo that he posted. Later GT's had badges with more color, which explains the black and blue ones that you have seen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sketchl,
Thanks for the pic!

Is there any remnant of paint in your originals? Could they have been unpainted originally, as I have seen some posts suggest?

Also, your replacements look to have black script, but perhaps that is my monitor... are they blue or black?

·
Registered
699 Posts
As per the below close up there's very slight remanence of paint, keeping in mind that these pot castings would not have been the best adherence for paint.
The replacement colour is blue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
The question to me is less about the color of the text in the badges on Carl's car, but which style is "correct." Alfaholics says that the style of badge attached was used on the later models (post stepnose) and that the ones like Carl's and the rest of y'all's were the right part for the stepnose models.

The photo is of the one that came off my car, but there is no reason to believe it's the original part. For my part, I like the script used in the earlier badge, and those are the ones I'll be installing on my car.

Ciao!
-tj in the Cruz Mtns

http://www.myalfa.eu/images/product_images/popup_images/1360170.jpg

I've been discussing the badges on the early stepnose GTV with a friend.
My car has all silver colored "Disegno di Bertone" badges, with no color on the text.
(The color could have been polished out during restoration, I don't know)

I have seen pictures of these badges with text infilled black and others with blue.
Searching the forum shows a couple instances of people implying the badges were all silver originally.

The brochure I have seems to show a badge that may be all silver.

Any knowledgeable comments out there? Should my badges have colored text? Black or Blue? But is does look cool as they are now, all silver, to my eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts