Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else going to take in this Berlina Registry run Sunday Sept 16?

I'm trying hard to get mine ready for the trip. I expect to log about 2,000 miles round trip. The run is about 100 miles. Should be fun to see a good turn out of sedans.

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
I'll be there. As many as can make it would be great. Meet at Fellini's Restaurant at Acton St. and University Ave., Berkeley, at 8:30 am Sunday Sept. 16 for a 9:00 am launch. Drive through Marin, coffee and pastry stop in Pt. Reyes at the Bovine Bakery, then back to my house in Berkeley for pizza and beer in the early afternoon. Go to the ARA discussion here on the AlfaBB for more info and the route sheet.

Andrew

Andrew

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would love to make the run from Portland to Berkeley. I miss hanging out in Bizerkly. Ahhhh Cheese Board Pizza..... (sigh) and Triple Rock. But currently my Berlina is in a state of mid-cut-up. Maybe I will have the parts in place soon enough, that I can take a break from the body work and take it on down.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Barring unforeseen events, I'll be there. The Super's getting tired so I might be representing a different marque, but Andrew's been kind enough to allow the non-Berlina/Alfa crowd.

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
The more diversity the better. Last year's run had four Giulia sedans, two Berlinas, an Alfetta sedan, a couple Spiders, a few GTVs, a GTV6, one Ferrari, a 2002, and some others I've now forgotten about. Bring anything! Tentatively have a couple bikes coming this year too.

Andrew

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pic's???

Couldn't make it to your "Bovine run":rolleyes:, but my Berlina was in good company on the same day whilst parked up at The Auto Italia Show at Stanford Hall. Do you have any pictures of your day out?
Here's one from over here:-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
It hasn't happened yet. It's Sept. 16. I'm sure we'll post some pics afterward, and there are pics here from last year's Mt. Diablo run, if you search for "Berlina" and "tour" or "Register". I forget which forum they're on, probably Sedans.

Andrew

·
Registered
178 Posts
It hasn't happened yet. It's Sept. 16. I'm sure we'll post some pics afterward, and there are pics here from last year's Mt. Diablo run, if you search for "Berlina" and "tour" or "Register". I forget which forum they're on, probably Sedans.

Andrew
Doh!!!!!:rolleyes: Must be the petrol fumes from all those Ferraris and Maseratis last weekend. Sorry, got my dates mixed up, didn't actually check, I thought it was last sunday, but that was the 19 of August, i'll just go back to tinkering in the garage again......:D

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only 1 weekend left to get my Berlina ready for the trip. I wish it was idling better, but its running so strong now that the carbs are finally tuned that I might chance it. I may have time to do some last minute valve timing which we hope will help the idle I've ordered a throw out bearing to bring along in case. Mine is noisy once in a while. I'm really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We leave in the morning to drive to Berkeley for the Berlinas to Bovine run. I'm a little nervous about making this trip with my car running the way it is, but we're going to try.

My Berlina is totally loaded. The trunk is packed solid with camping gear and tools. The back seat will have suit cases and a cooler. We plan on staying in Scotts Valley Sat night with relatives and meeting up with the group at Fellini's Sun morning for the run. I hope it's well attended. The forecast looks good, so come on Y'all bring'em out!!

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm needing directions. I'm about 200 miles north of San Fran on HWY 101 and going to Santa Cruz for tomorrow afternoon. Should I stay on the east side of the bay, taking 880 or take 19th street through San Fran and pick up 280?

I'll be headed up to Fenilli's from Santa Cruz Sunday morning. How long will that take? 1.5 hrs?

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A great run and many thanks to Andrew for organizing it!!

We left Bellingham, WA on Fri for the trip to Berkeley, CA for the run. The starter on my car packed in Fri afternoon. I had to be sure to park it on a hill for easy pushing to get it started until after the run. A vote of thanks to the pushers during the run!! Fortunately, Andrew had a spare starter which he generously lent me to get back home. Andrew...thanks so much.

Really a great bunch fo Alfisti. Great time. Thanks so much to everyone. We really enjoyed it.

Some of my pics, I'm sure others have more...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
Thanks for the pics Richard. And glad we got your starter working.

Thanks to all who attended. By my tally, there were these cars and drivers:

Giulia TI, Dave and Michelle
Giulia TI 1300, Peter
Giulia Super, Andrew
69 Berlina, Craig and Jack
72 Berlina, David
72 Berlina, Stevan
73 Berlina, Richard
Alfetta Sedan, Jeff
Alfetta Sedan, Randy
Milano, Andrew
71 GTV, Ruth Ann
72 GTV, John
67 GTV, Glenn
Giulietta Sprint Veloce, Nick
91 Spider, Jonathan
Lancia Fulvia, Shawn
Ferrari 308 GTS QV, Kevin
2002, Derek
911 SC, Tom
BMW R Dakar, Vince
Ducati, Gene
Honda, Jon

Also attending but not going on the drive:

Fiat Abarth 1000 replica, Walt
Giulia SS, Jeff
BMW 1600, Aaron

All in all a great event. Nice drive through West Marin, very nice weather, cars kept together pretty well. Then a nice pizza and beer bash, plus starter-changing event, at my house afterward. I'll try to do two events next year, one in spring and one in the fall.

Andrew

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wish I could have made it! My thoughts were with you all, and at least I got to have some fun in Portland with my Berlina this weekend. The new brakes are getting bedded in, and my newly installed starter pushbutton and relay are getting quite the workout!

Here's how it's looking these days:

Still have to rig up some front turn indicators and a few other minor things, but I'm giving serious thought to having the bodywork done for the 2009 AROC National Convention in Portland. Should just about be time to get it right...

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
Any of you all who took pics (Shaun, Richard, Jeff) mind if one or more end up in the ARA Cams newsletter? I'm going to write a short article and they'd like a pic. Thanks

Andrew

1 - 20 of 26 Posts