Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Marangoni's!!!!

Thank you all for the feedback. I was considering the Momo Vegas that were/are for sale on the BB but with only 17mm offset, it seems that would be a mistake. I've got a set of Performance 5 stars on right now (came with the car, don't know the offset) with 185/60R14 that I wanted up replace with the 185/70s...the 60s rub so the 70s being taller I assume will rub worse. I think I'll go back to either the a set Turbinas or steel wheels (both of which I already have) for now. Thanks again.
For what its worth here's my Berlina tyre knowledge to date. When I bought my 2000 Berlina 12 months ago it came with a set of Michelin XAS 165r14's as per factory fit:eek:. It also came with a whole bunch of spares including a set of 1750 wheels with 175/70r14 Yokohama's:(. As a temporary measure I fitted the Yoko's (which squeeled like a squeely thing on the slightest bend or even in car parks) but they never quite looked right. The reason being that the 1750 rims were 5jx14 whereas the 2000 rims are 5.5jx14. So Now I have just last week (before reading this thread) had my original 2000 rims shot blasted and painted then re-shod with a new set of Marangoni 185/70r14H tyres (they're Italian:cool:). The car now looks a little "chunkier" :Dwithout being out of place from stock and also rides smoother and seems a little more stable at speed. Absolutley no rubbing issues at all.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.