Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning the second annual Berlina Register tour for Sunday, Sept. 16, and wanted to get out an early announcement. It's planned as "Berlinas to the Bovine" from Berkeley, through Marin County to Point Reyes Station with a coffee/pastry stop at the Bovine Bakery, then back to Berkeley for pizza and beer by early afternoon.

Any car, motorcycle, or truck, interesting or otherwise, is welcome. Alfa sedans of course get preferred parking.

Pic is from last year's tour to Mt. Diablo, which was really fun.

Andrew Watry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
How long is the drive? Maybe I'll plan on visiting my brother that weekend and do the drive before I head back home in L.A..

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It'll be about 100 miles. Starting in Berkeley, crossing the Bay to Marin, looping around some nice roads, along Tomales Bay to Pt. Reyes Station, then a shorter route back to Berkeley for pizza and beer by 1 or so, I hope.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope not on the same day...

Send me an email at andrew dot watry at lexisnexis dot com and I'll send you my route sheet; I haven't created a map yet. Some replicates the One Lap.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Andrew,
Do we need to RSVP? I missed last year's run, but I plan on bringing the sedan out this year - I'll have no excuses since I'll be house-sitting for a friend in Berkeley that weekend!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
September 16?

I like that day!

But the bad thing is I will be a year older on that day.

I will have to bring out the new Alfa and celebrate my bday with you all. Will this be a mellow pace tour or up beat?

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last tour I organized (Mt. Diablo) was pretty low-key. I'm not one for high-speed runs on public roads. I would expect the same this time, though I obviously can't control what individual drivers do.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reminder about this event.

Meet on Sunday Sept. 16 at 8:30 am at Fellini's Restaurant at the corner of Acton St. and University Ave. in Berkeley, leaving at 9:00 am. Route sheet attached, and I'll have maps and sheets at the event. Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Final reminder about this Berlina event, coming up this Sunday.

Meet at Fellini's Restaurant at Acton and University in Berkeley, ready to go by 9 AM. Maps and route descriptions at the off. Heading for Pt. Reyes Station for coffee and pastry (and Cowgirl Creamery cheese), then back to my house in Berkeley for pizza and beer by early afternoon. No need to RSVP, just show up at Fellini's. All cars and bikes welcome. Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Andrew, good luck on your tour! Hope you get a good turnout! The ARA is going to be doing something really similar to this in a month or two except starting out from the Peninsula.

·
Premium Member
21,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pics Shaun, and to all who attended. By my tally, there were these cars and drivers:

Giulia TI, Dave and Michelle
Giulia TI 1300, Peter
Giulia Super, Andrew
69 Berlina, Craig and Jack
72 Berlina, David
72 Berlina, Stevan
73 Berlina, Richard
Alfetta Sedan, Jeff
Alfetta Sedan, Randy
Milano, Andrew
71 GTV, Ruth Ann
72 GTV, John
67 GTV, Glenn
Giulietta Sprint Veloce, Nick
91 Spider, Jonathan
Lancia Fulvia, Shaun
Ferrari 308 GTS QV, Kevin
2002, Derek
911 SC, Tom
BMW R Dakar, Vince
Ducati, Gene
Honda, Jon

Also attending but not going on the drive:

Fiat Abarth 1000 replica, Walt
Giulia SS, Jeff
BMW 1600, Aaron

All in all a great event. Nice drive through West Marin, good weather, cars kept together pretty well. Then a pizza and beer bash, plus starter-changing event, at my house afterward. I'll try to do two events next year, one in spring and one in the fall.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 31 Posts