Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Berlina Register drive, Sunday Oct. 26, in the East Bay (Calif), starting not sure where yet, heading out Corral Hollow to The Big Valley, lunch stop planned at Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy, then Altamont Pass and Morgan Territory Rd.

Any interesting car welcomed, doesn't have to be a Berlina or even an Alfa. More info to come.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Map and route guide attached. Starting at Rudy's Donuts in Castro Valley, out to APE in Tracy, back via Altamont, ending on Morgan Territory Rd.

Anyone welcome, any kind of car.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great turnout, 35 cars, 6 Supers, maybe 5 Berlinas, 3 Giuliettas, many GTVs, a couple Porsches and Fiats, a Ferrari 550 GT, a Citroen CX, a 55 Chevy, Junior Z, all around a great showing. Beautiful day, Corral Hollow is a great drive if you get the chance. Larry graciously hosted us for lunch at APE, all had a good time rummaging.

For me, Alan's grey/red Giulia Spider Veloce was a big hit, just restored, body by Vintage Customs, mechanicals and assembly by Tom Sahines. This was a shakedown run, has like 150 miles on it. He, "Brownie" the Duetto, Bill's blue Super, and I caravaned from Montclair to Castro Valley this AM, we got lots o' looks.

Thanks all who turned out, post pics if you have them.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks again, Andrew and Larry, for a great day out! Also for posting pictures, especially because they're better than the stuff I got.

Also, we might keep this in mind for a future drive:
Livermore Heritage Guild

If I'd been a bit more on the ball, I'd have pointed it out earlier. It's apparently open the third Sunday of each month. As it was, when we stopped on Altamont Pass Rd, we were just past an old garage with a Lincoln Highway sign out front. We should have got Frank to park his '55 Bel Air in front of it for a picture!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Andrew, sounds like this event was a success. I'd have loved to participate but it's just too far to go from where I'm at. Why don't you organize one here locally in So Cal? I'm sure there will be plenty of takers...

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm 400 miles away from SoCal, for starters. Nothing to stop anyone else from organizing something.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yes but you do visit occasionally and have a lot of friends in the area. Anyway, if ever in the mood to do a run here you can put me on the list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts