Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfa community:
Friend of mine is looking at a Berlina on ebay, I would appreciate your opinion on this particular car. My apologies, but I do not know how to put the link here.
Joe

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Something going on with the passenger side rear fender panel - just me or does that look like different paint?

Driver side rear inner door area looks funky, may just be the paint/angle etc, but looks off to me. But what do I know....

·
Registered
244 Posts
The question for me is if it is a 73' where are the chrome bumpers?

Seems like it was for sale not too long ago on ebay.
Not sure if it didn't meet reserve or??? but could be wrong.

Interior and dash look good though, the black engine bay not so good.
driver side mirror painted body color?

If the engine and trans check out = fun driver

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
This car is VIN 3002102, built most likely 10/73. It would be a 74 model year car with rubber bumpers, built in 1973. Maybe originally got registered as a 73, or re-registered for smog check avoidance or other reasons. First rubber bumper car I know of is 3001914, also built 10/73, which is when the 74 MY cars began production. All US Berlinas after that had rubber bumpers, regardless of how they got titled.

This car has been for sale on ebay on and off for years. Looks like a reasonable example from 3000 miles away. Appears to be a cheap paint job, from the all-blue condition of the door jambs.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
So hard to propose a reasonable value without seeing it in person. I'd say the ebay bid is a bit low, but not a whole lot. The window tint and cheap paint I would expect to limit its appeal.
Very good driver quality Berlinas in the US are $8000-9000 cars now. This one's not that good. And who knows what the underside looks like or how it runs. Costs just as much to sort out a Berlina as a GTV or Spider, so you want to get the best you can.
Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts