Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went for $1125; pretty good price for the seller for an unknown quantity, unless the buyer inspected.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,715 Posts
Interesting, has carbs. Not bad for $1100.

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd rather have Spica myself, especially if the carbs have been sitting for 10 year and need $1000 of work to clean out.
Yes, seems reasonable unless the underside looks like the Florida Super.
Andrew

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks like this deal fell through

I bid on this car and was contacted by the seller, the high bidder didn't pay the deposit and won't have the money by Sunday. I'm looking at shipping from TN to OR. It's not a Giulia Super but sure is more affordable...

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Trade you your Lotus for mine! :)

Maybe you should buy Andrew's instead, at least you could drive it home.

What is it with people who big without funds? Dreaming? That's my nightmare about selling anything on ebay.

Let us know if you get it, I'd love to see it. And I have some Berlina spares, hood, trunk lid, doors, etc.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'd rather have Spica myself, especially if the carbs have been sitting for 10 year and need $1000 of work to clean out.
Yes, seems reasonable unless the underside looks like the Florida Super.
Andrew
I know a Weber expert in Florida he does my carbs and won't cost more than $500/pair.

Giorgio

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ian's Berlina

Ian, I test drove your Berlina and bid on it when it was on ebay, I used to work with a guy in the late 80's who had '74 that was in showroom condition and I've always thought they were cool. If this car winds up in my garage you're welcome to come see it and the Lotus.

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A guy told me he got a second chance offer for over $2000 on this car after the first sale, so something seems odd; you can't have a legitimate second chance offer, can you, that's nearly double the highest bidder?
Andrew

·
Registered
422 Posts
2nd chance offer

I was the second highest bidder last time around and the high bidder didnt make the required deposit or pay the balance a week after the sale. The seller sent me a 2nd chance offer for my high bid of $1,100. Shipping would have been $1,250 and I decided $2,350 was too much for a non-running Berlina with a paint brush paint job. I was hoping it would bring less money this time around however and I could swoop during the final seconds and steal it for less.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Good luck, I'm not bidding on it. In some ways it's in better shape than mine, but I like my white over black color scheme better.

If this one doesn't work out I think Rman was selling his in KC. Looks to be in better shape, and actually runs. I would check out that one before buying a non-runner in TN.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Rman's Berlina lives in Massachusetts

Good luck, I'm not bidding on it. In some ways it's in better shape than mine, but I like my white over black color scheme better.

If this one doesn't work out I think Rman was selling his in KC. Looks to be in better shape, and actually runs. I would check out that one before buying a non-runner in TN.
In my garage. :)

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Immediately repeated sales on ebay is not the way to generate best monetary results. I do feel for the seller though, if the first two "winners" flaked. Price is gettin' pretty attractive if you're within towing distance.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I wouldn't even drive across the state for that thing ............... but .. I've certainly done crazier things:eek: The one in Tn., not yours Andrew ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts