·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hopefully will be restored...

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it was an owner who wasn't hard to upset. Kind of amazing anyone ever makes a deal with how some sellers and buyers can be.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
It looks pretty rugged (tired) but then again perhaps not as bad as some, and how easy is it to find a 1750 Berlina these days.

For sure the seller seemed rude, but the questions were equally pretty stupid.

**** it was keeping company with some nice Alfas.

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just feel that by now, anyone selling on ebay or craigslist should not be surprised, or make an issue of, silly questions. They are part of the experience whether you like it or not. If you can't handle a little goofiness, sell by some other method, or don't sell. That's the reality of the process nowadays, which an individual is powerless to change.
I buy and sell a lot of stuff on CL and ebay and believe me, you cannot predict how it's going to go. If I blew a gasket each time a deal was screwy or I got a stupid question, I'd have had a coronary by now. You gotta just let it go if you want to stay sane, and get the best price possible. I suspect his all-caps rant turned off a fair number of potential bidders.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
:rolleyes: that went over my top!!! Please explaing.
Sorry for the obscure refrence Rufus, it was a line from an episode of the television show "Seinfeld". It involved a soup resturaunt owner who would refuse to serve the customers he didn't like, for whatever trivial reason: "No soup for you!"

I'm pretty sure all my questions are stupid so I'll just stay away. :p

It was an entertaining ad, at least.

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill, I didn't get the reference either. And in any case, it's just wrong to be watching Seinfeld when you should be parting out GTVs and Berlinas instead.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
It involved a soup resturaunt owner
thanks for that Bill, that was great stuff!! "The soup nazi" Not sure if the word nazi will get stripped off by the AlfaBB ;)

Wow, just read the Q&A on eBay....that's just plain rude!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts