Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late notice, though I've spammed my Berlina email list about this. Quick Super Bowl morning drive, Sunday Feb. 6, from Berkeley to Pt Reyes Station and back. Meet at Fellini's coffee at Acton/Univ in Berkeley at 9 AM, leave by 9:30. Coffee, pastry, Cowgirl cheese in Pt. Reyes, then head home or out on the road if you want to avoid football. If you care about the Super Bowl, you can be home in time for it.
Any interesting car welcome.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was a nice drive on a lovely day. Had 17ish cars at the start, not all of which went along, but it was nice to hang out, see what people brought, have some coffee. By my count, we had:
* Two maroon, one green, one blue 2000 Berlina (Johnson, Apple, Stein, Off).
* Two Giulia Colli wagons, green, white (Stevenson, Rotolo)
* Green Giulia Super (Hill)
* Red Giulietta Spider Veloce (me)
* White Giulietta Sprint (Parmenter, Muller)
* Two red Bosch/Spica Spiders (LaVance, Paland)
* Green S4 Spider (?)
* Red Jr Zagato (Yager)
* Green, red 2000 GTVs (Paul, Gaccione)
* Red GTV6 (?)
* White 164 (Ephraim)
* Yellow Abarth Allemano (Shank)
* Two 911s joined en route and showed me their heels (Parella, ?)

Sorry if I missed anyone. More pics here from Guy Apple (thanks) who unfortunately went home on a flatbed. Alfa Run ~ Feb 6, 2011 - a set on Flickr

Lots of MCs, bikes, other sports cars out on a stellar day, really warm for February, across Marin County. A lovely blue Ferrari Daytona cruised through Point Reyes Station while we were hanging out, Aprilias, Ducatis, early Honda 750 Fours, you name it. Great day out.
Thanks all for attending.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
Didn't anyone tell the 911 drivers that the tour was for interesting cars?

Looks like it was a neat event !

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the context of the US of A, an early 911 is interesting; spend 20 minutes on a freeway around Dallas. At least we didn't have any SUVs along.
The Allemano, Colli wagons, and Jr Z got a lot of attention. We're lucky in the Bay Area for what we have. Not that LA isn't lucky too.
Andrew

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks to everyone involved with the drive. Its been ages since i had the Allemano Abarth out for a decent length excursion, and you couldn't possible have gotten a nicer day in early February to go driving in West Marin.

Years back, I drove that car several times down to Monterey for the Historics/ Concorso events without any incidents, and I had a lot of confidence in the car at that time. Did some all day tours with it as well, and the lunch time track tour we used to do at Sears Point.

Time goes by, I picked up another car project or two, and let the Abarth spend too much time sitting with the trickle charger on with only some short trips here and there. I lost some confidence to just hop in the car and drive it any ware. I think that stops some folks from participating in these kinds of drives. I almost didn't go at the last minute as the thought of breaking down an hour from home crossed my mind!.

Car drove great for the most part, but near Point Reyes Station, my idle mixture screw must have decided to adjust itself further out to a nice fat mixture that caused the car to want to die on me when I came off the mains circuit. A half turn of the screw and it seems to be fine now. I may need to saftey wire the thing.

Maybe I will have to do the 1 lap of Marin thing in a couple of Months.

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few intrepid souls stay awake and went north of Bodega after the rest of us went home for a nap; here's a picture on Skaggs Point Rd. Sorry I forgot to credit Andy Smith with one of the red Spiders. Nice photo, his!
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow. Very nice, Andrew. Kudos to all on all the vehicles. Not one, but TWO Giulia Wagons! And, one a panel wagon at that. Next time, when my Super and spider aren't stored in over in Idaho, I'll have to make it to NoCal. Next time... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Andrew W for organizing and thanks Andrew S for bringing the Allemano Abarth out. I had the best seats in the house for listening to the little yellow car as I tried to keep up through the twisty bits!

That area can certainly pass for Northern Italy, at least while the hills are green: Fellini to Bovine Bakery - Google Maps

--Rich (Red GTV6)

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
In the context of the US of A, an early 911 is interesting; spend 20 minutes on a freeway around Dallas. At least we didn't have any SUVs along.
Oh I understand - I just can't resiste the opportunity to kid the "P car people"

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. Great to see. I really wanted to attend, but I couldn't get Giulia out of her garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
A Few More Photos From Pt Reyes Station - part 1

It was a great day! Thanks Andrew for organizing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Who's the lucky owner of JRZGATO?:cool:

·
Premium Member
22,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go Oski! He kept the Spider safe for us, and was rooting in advance for Aaron Rodgers, Cal grad and Sac Valley boy.
Great pics Hutson, thanks.
Love the green GTV best of all; if you ask me, Alfa should have painted more GTVs and Berlinas dark blue and green, and maybe a few less red and maroon.
Andrew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts