Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 72 Berlina has recently started to pull to the right upon braking. The brakes pads are relatively new (about 3 months old). I've also noticed a squeaking from the left front, kinda like the left break calipers isn't opening up all the way to disengage the pads completely from the rotor.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Were the old pads all the same thickness when they came out? and is there a clunking sound when you hit the brakes?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clunking and the outer pad is a bit worn...here's why:

One of the left front caliper pistons was not retracting. We cleaned it out a bit and worked it for a while...it's much better but not perfect, but at least at this point I know what it is.

I gotta say that the brakes on the 105/115s are so simple. Easier to deal with then my first car 85 Honda Civic.

I also picked up a new starter which I will install on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Sounds like the left caliper needs some attention and the right one might not be too far behind. If you rebuild em yourself, the calipers don't have to be split but the pistons need to be properly aligned. Actually, piston alignment needs to be checked on rebuilt units as well. If you need a pic on how they go, I'll dig one up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Damian, I did not forget about your request for the wiper motor. I checked one and it was frozen. Electrically, it completed the circuit, but even after I seperated it from the mechanical components, it did not work. I have another one on the parts car, but have not had time to check it out.

With the time trials coming in just about nine days, and my Berlina still disassembled, I probably won't get to it out for a couple of weeks. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts