Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
(note- this isn't to say vertical is best at all times- optimum angle is not the same for braking and turning, or maybe even lowest rolling resistance.... So there's a lot of compromise going on....)
And let's not forget that the compromise changes again based on the type of tires you are running!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Erik (above): the tyres are 185/70x14's.
Very plain road tyres.
BTW They are Vredesteins

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i run 1.5 neg, that blue car looks like alot more?

no down side -1.5 except hard braking in the wet is not great and will be compromised

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Just beware the negitive camber will make driving on the streets a little less comfortable. I ran a negitive camber for years and finally switch it back to stock, hell a lot easier going straight now.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
With an increase in negative camber, you should increase the castor as well. That will improve the tracking (going straight).

Robert

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i run 1.5 neg, that blue car looks like alot more?

no down side -1.5 except hard braking in the wet is not great and will be compromised
I have -2.5 on my car, and the blue car looks like more than mine (although perhaps harder to tell as I am on wider tires). Best camber is very dependent on use case. I was wearing the outside shoulders running -1.5 for a car that gets autocrossed and tracked on a regular basis, which is why I bumped up the camber to -2.5. On car that only sees the street, I wouldn't go past -1 degree.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts