Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the thread patterns for the hydraulic connections on your boosters?

I have a Lamborghini Jalpa that uses (2) of these boosters, and my hydraulic connections are a 10 x 1.25mm thread pattern.

I bought a set of these from Difatta Bros and their's had a 3/8 x 24UNF thread pattern, and I've seen others with a 10 x 1.00mm thread pattern.

I finally gave up looking and had mine rebuilt by an outfit out of San Jose, Ca. called Power Brake Exchange, but one of mine still won't work properly. When I press the brake pedal, the brakes lock and won't release unless I open a bleed nipple on one of the calipers.

The other thing that is strange, is my air valve looks completely different from what I've seen posted here and other websites. Instead of just 1 seal, mine has (2) smaller seals separated by a thick washer (see photo).

I don't mind buying 2 new units, but not sure how to go about getting the connections re-threaded to match my connectors. I also thought about just cutting my lines and installing new fittings, but there isn't enough room to get a flaring tool in where I need to get it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I bought a booster from IAP that was a Bendix unit and it has all US thread sizes. Since I have to redo my brake lines anyway because I don't have a doner car to get them from, it really doesn't make any difference to me, it was just a PIA until I found that they had US threads. I was trying to install metric fittings, and may of them are "very close" but not right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts