Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Gadgets, Alfa Romeo

There are car watches, and there are car watches. And this, boys and girls, is a car watch. The kind that will make the likes of the "Ferrari Engineered by Panarai" and "Breitling for Bentley" look like cheap marketing gimmicks.
What you see here is the Contragiri; tachometer in Italian. It's being made by one of the watchmaking industry's best kept secrets, Giuliano Mazzuoli, who just happens to be a huge Alfa Romeo fan, having raced Alfa GTAs in the 70's, created the Contragiri as a tribute to the iconic Italian automaker. It features a unique rev-counter black dial concealing the 25-jewel automatic movement with 42-hour power reserve, encased in black and white gold with sapphire crystal and revolving bezel, and held onto the wearer's wrist by a sleek black rubber strap.
Mazzuoli unveiled the Contagiri this past summer, and while he hasn't unveiled the price, it's sure to have a good number of zeros at the end. Somehow we don't think the price tag will prevent them all from selling the limited run of 500 copies, though. Only through authorized dealers, of course, but you can reserve yours on the website, or check out the Luxe.TV video by
[Source: Giuliano Mazzuoli via Inside Line]

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Uh,... Let's try to avoid duplicate threads, please... The moderators have been nice enough to create this terrific site, so we should do our part... ;)

If you gotta ask, you can't afford it!

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Bellisimo! Italian Watchmaker Crafts Unique Alfa Romeo Time Piece

Uh,... Let's try to avoid duplicate threads, please... The moderators have been nice enough to create this terrific site, so we should do our part... ;)

If you gotta ask, you can't afford it!

Best regards,
Enrique,

I agree about duplicate threads being created and how wonderful the moderators have been about maintaining the site for us. However, I believe the membership is responsible for much of the duplication, simply because people post "cutsy" or "punishing" titles that do not clearly indicate what the thread topic contains.

Quite frankly, this is the first post that I've seen about the item and would never have looked at the thread with the original title. Even if you can't afford it, there are those of us that like to be aware of what is out there and being offered to help others and answer their questions.

Maybe, the membership should make a concerted effort to search and explore the bb before making a post that could be a duplication when starting a new thread or the simple wording indicating that the member knows it is a "cross-post," but has relevance to each thread it is posted on.

I agree we do not need another thread "Discovering a Barn in Portugal" as an example of duplicate threads, but in this case, the thread was created by a "moderator;" I would think that a "moderator" would have the privilege of posting a duplicate thread or "cross-posting" at will, just as he has the privilege of removing offensive material or threads that do not fall within the moderator's defined boundaries of acceptable taste as it pertains to a public forum.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hi Cheryl,

I agree with you 100%... My post was in fact an attempt at some irony directed at us, the membership, and not Simon. (I think pretty much everyone knows who he is, hence, the wink at the end of the post. I'm sure he saw it as intended.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Bellisimo!..../Context Misread

Hi Cheryl,

I agree with you 100%... My post was in fact an attempt at some irony directed at us, the membership, and not Simon. (I think pretty much everyone knows who he is, hence, the wink at the end of the post. I'm sure he saw it as intended.)

Best regards,
Enrique,

I saw the wink, but took it to apply to the general membership as I thought was your intent, what I didn't realize until I had pretty much written my post, as is evidenced in the last paragraph, was that Simon had created the thread. By that time, my focus was elsewhere and I had dismissed the wink that you had actually put there for Simon's benefit, apparently.

Thanks for the explanation. And for anyone that didn't know who Simon was, they should now if they read this thread.

My apologies...something that happens in an on-line forum when individual interpretation of what is seen changes the relevance of the post as it pertains to the context intended by the original poster.

Clarity, word selection, and placement of punctuation, and ;)'s is very important on every thread except "Changing the Subject within a Thread," where the point is to do as much "punishing," disruption of the thread content as possible, and without any clarity; just supreme innuendo, and over the top allusion and misconception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts