Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assembling a 1750 transmission for a recently revived Duetto project and have come up with a problem. I was about to install the bell housing from the original Duetto trans when I realized that the input shaft seal was too large for the 1750 shaft. Since I don't have any other bell housings around, I'm inclined to have a machinist friend make an insert so I can put the proper seal in the bell housing that has the correct set up for the clutch linkage. Any reason not to do this? I don't know if there is a 1750 bell housing that would have the proper setup for the non-hydraulic clutch system. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave B.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
No, all you need is a seal with the proper inside diameter. I recently installed a 1750 in my Duetto and did this. I'll look for the seal part# when I get home later tonight but I'm fairly certain you'll find it if you do a search in the transmission forum. You do need to make sure that the transmission you are using has the long shift rods that actuate the reverse light switch. Otherwise you'll need to modify your 1600 bellhousing. I won't detail that right now since you may not need to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts