Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Becker Europa Mu that I am considering sending in for factory refurbishment. However, its mono. I could get a stereo model in trade for mine, but it would be around $200 more. I have no expectation that my GTV will have a 'quality' audio system, but for those in the know - is 'stereo' worth it?

Regards,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had Becker upgrade my Grand prix with the Aux input and refurbish the face and head unit. Becker North America performs quality work. I have stereo on the Grand prix (612) and separtion is very good. You won't be disappointed with any upgrade purchased.

index

·
Registered
554 Posts
using mono or stereo actually depended if you already have 1 or 2 holes to support the loudspeaker and in case of one hole dont want to open a new one. Having repairing and upgraded many of them I have to say that somehow the mono versions have a better sound and this is due to the more circuits involved for a stereo reception, means the rf/audio signal passes via more circuits. Of course I'm not telling that a stereo Becker or Blau is not good...However, having a mono unit you suppose to limit your next step when you will connect an extra audio source like Ipod etc which is a stereo unit! You have consider all these. In any case, being mono or stereo you can find on these units the best radio reception around even for modern standards. Speaking technically try to locate a unit with DISCRETE transistors for the output(s) instead of power ICs, they given even more better sound and clarity, which means the best in sound will be always the early models...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts