Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See more photos at http://www.extraordinaryautos.com To be auctioned on eBay, starting June 23rd.

I bought this car in August of 2002 at an auction from a prominent Southern California collection. It has benefited from a no-expense-spared ownership, having recently been taken back down to its bare metal and repainted because of a single flaw. The resulting silver repaint is stunning. The front seats were recently redone in the correct, period, blue-gray corduroy leatherette combination. Originally delivered with the Veloce package, this special car performs exceptionally well. In a further effort to bring the Alfa to near-perfect condition, the clutch and throw-out bearing were replaced. As a testament to its pristine condition, this example recently won Best Alfa at a concours. It is an expertly-restored car that started from an original Sprint Veloce and returned to better-than-new standards. The Giulietta series was the linchpin of Alfa Romeo's success, and upon inspection of this example it is easy to understand why.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Sprint Veloce

That car belong to our customer. He is the guy that sold it at Monterey. It's the finest example of a Sprint Veloce I have ever seen. I have also driven it numerous times...it drives better than new. If you are looking for a no excuse Sprint Veloce, this is the car to own!

Good luck selling it.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
I want it...

but give me some idea what you are asking...as I probibly can't afford it :( :( :(

PS: I haven't checked the S/N but are you sure it's a '58 and not a '57 (most '58s have the eggcrate and not eyebrow grilles)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Well, I know it's a lot, but I hope to get over 32K for it. I have a man from Japan that's already offered that. But, I'll put it up for auction and see what happens.
For the S/N, it's 149306552. It's registered as a 58, but if you find otherwise, please let me know.
Thanks!
Ron

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
the car was built...

in 1958, according to Fusi.

The last chassis in 1957 was 6008 according to the Fusi Alfa "bible". There ARE errors, however. The change from eyebrow to eggcrate grilles on Giulietta sprints (both normale and veloce) was in early 1958.

I's love the car, but it's a little too rich for my blood. The price is not outrageous though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts