Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
fast-GTV said:
Check out this eBay GTV.

It's toasted!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400847107&category=5356

I'll start the bidding of at .03 cents.
TOASTED... :D

That guy WAS asking $2000 in Recycler.com, he email me some pictures and I showed it to my body shop guy. The body shop guy told me probably the whole chassis was twisted due to the heat and it would cost a lot of $$$ to fix, if that is possible.
But the Dual weber engine itself might be worth looking at. The car was running well before the car was caught in a house fire.

I was very interested until the body shop guy told me not to.
I will be keeping a close eye on the RESERVE price... hehe...
;)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
That GTV is down the street from my house. Antony found it and told me about it. I offered that guy my price and he's called me 3 times to go for his price and I said no.

Only thing that's good on that car are the Webers, the engine has not been turned over in 3 years, so most definitly needs a rebuild. The interior is gone, back body is warped, rockers are rusted super bad. If youre Alfa is hit in the front and you want to rebuild a motor then it might be worth 700 topps! But the guy wants 2000 in the recycler and his orginal price to me was 1400.

Bottom line is, this car is not worth what this guy wants for it. He does not have pink slips but some kind of dmv paper and assuming this dmv paper has no VIN numbers on it, because he did not provide any. Kinda sketch.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
toasted alfa

i was thinking more like a jacuzzi. think about it, chop the roof, plug the holes, and put a jacuzzi motor in the engine bay. also turn the trunk in the cooler and load it up with beer. if i buy it now, maybe i can finish it for the summer races at buttonwillow. what better way to watch an alfa cup race?
anthony
64 spider
65 spider veloce
68 gt jr.
72 GTV JACUZZI

·
Registered
125 Posts
That looks really driveable! Hey alfa_chan I think you just stumbled across the GTV youve always wanted ;) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts