Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally having a breather from using my Haulin non-Hemi Ram pickup for hauling duties and having QS2 and my Originale 164B purring again it is time to make some progress on BB2.

Using a floor jack under center jack point on BB2 since it hasn't any front wheels and getting my wife to steer the jack we were able to get it into garage using Originale as a push vehicle.

As you can see some reassembly still required but being out of hot glaring sun in driveway will give me some more options.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You got sun today? Have seen the orb in several days up here.

Some assembly required, HA.

I see the catalytic converter you purchased at the convention in the background.

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You got sun today? Have seen the orb in several days up here.

Some assembly required, HA.

I see the catalytic converter you purchased at the convention in the background.
We are getting daily rain showers but not like NY and NE got. We have now about 6000 acres of the Dismal Swamp burning and could sure have used some of that storm you all got to drench fire. The smoke gets pretty bad when wind shifts out of the south.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/dismal-swamp-wildfire-grows-4700-acres

Yes, but that cat not for this S it is for B/L. The larger S cat seems to be OK and it is buried on desk under S mid and rear mufflers.

This S also has fairly new front down flex pipes as Bob replaced them a coiuple years age with new factory pipes and they are larger than B/L pipes, too.

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So how did it go today?

Slow 164 work day. We did however go to local Fiat Studio for Cancer Relay for Life Raffle drawing for new Bianco Fiat 500 Pop w/AT. Lady from Hampton, VA won the car.

I did however, clean up treat, prime and paint poly bushed lower suspension arms from Old Blue that are destined for install on BB2.

Also went to Home Depot to get plywood, soffit vents and paint w/primer to replace rotted soffits on our Alfa house.

Tomorrow is another day to move forward on both projects.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Is that a Fiat 124 Spider in the background? Nice color.

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that a Fiat 124 Spider in the background? Nice color.
Yes Fiat Studio Owner/Boss bought it from a buyer who got it at a Barrett Jackson auction. Some folks have told me they remember seeing it go across auction block. It is for sale but do not know what he is asking for it. It gives a nice touch to showroom don't you think?

Actually it is an 80 Fiat 2000 Spider aka 2.0L not sure if a carbed 80 or an injected 80 1/2 model though. Suspect the former due to steel wheels if correct.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Spent the day shopping in Bellingham and visited Wes Ingram in Mt Vernon to pick up 2 2L cylinder sleeves for the SPICA 2L rebuild. I always enjoy those trips:) Wes and Herb are great people!!
Still missing...valve spring compressor for the 2L, a 0.015 feeler gage at least 3.5" long to make a reed valve for one of my 3 free air compressors. The other 2 only needed belts. 2 of the 3 are less than a year old. Also missing and unable to purchase in Bellingham...Flux for soldering Al.

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got in a couple hours this morning

Started assembling stuff in subframe this morning. Got sway bar, rack, motor mounts, struts and right axle installed.

OCBE now for rest of day.

Attachments

·
1991 164L
27,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
BBS finally back on all Fours - Rubber Side down

Got sometime today before I went to help my son work on an 88 Alfa spider.

So I managed to build up a rust free L/F 5-speed axle I had for a conversion project of A/T 164 to 5-speed someday.

Anyway I had a clean 6,000 mile L/F A/T axle and hub. so hammered off axle nut with air impact gun and installed longer 5-speed axle in only rust free L/H hub I had with ABS sensor hole.

Once I got back from helping son I finished L/F suspension install an put on front wheels and staged BB2 back on dead line as I have to do some maintenance to my truck such as adjust tranny bands replace tranny filter, replace shocks and headlights.

Next on 164S I guess I will tackle engine and do water pump and timing belt and replace starter, etc.

I threw on an old FL plate and surround I had in my old tag stash and then installed car cover over expired plate.

This one got me this morning I just had to post it: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1049720-post7967.html

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts