Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to the BB Archives? I used to access them by accident if I was making a Google search for something to do with working on my '64 Giulia Spider.

There were hundreds of numbered threads/posts, but I couldn't discover how to access the list at will, or a way to sort them by topic. Regardless of that, I hope they haven't been lost..

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
I'm not aware of any "archive." What you may have seen was an entry point for a text-only browser (or a spider or web site crawler that indexes a site) that was capable of showing a hierarchical list view of the forums (like the forums page) and expanding and/or collapsing forums, subforums, and threads. The ability to expand/collapse forums is is one of the things I miss since the BB front-end was migrated from vBulletin to XenForo software (but I consider it a small price to pay for the stability gains we received -- I rarely see database errors anymore).

FWIW, I'm using Google search much less since the upgrade. In my expereience, the XenForo "Advanced Search" (which can also be found by clicking on the icon with three vertical dots next to the user avatar in the top right corner of the screen) produces quite useful results, especially when selecting specific sub-forums to search and, in some cases, having the results sorted by date rather than relevance. The only flaw is that refining searches (and selecting the sort order) requires one to go back to the Advanced Search screen, as the software does not allow users to search within the search results it just produced, and does not even remember the scope of sub-forums that have been selected on the Advanced Search screen if one enters search terms at the top of the results page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts