Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There are two locations. Larry Sr is in Acampo by Lodi, Larry Jr is in Tracy.
90% chance of rain last night after the truck was packed but seems not to have done.
Andrew

·
Push hard and live
11,885 Posts
Argh. You guys feel guilty explaining Alfa Romeo maintenance costs to your wives?

My 64 Mooney (bought for $15k in 1979) is now back at the shop that just completed a $10,000 ANNUAL inspection. Third time back after getting it back after the inspection in August.

This explains why I generally do my own work on Alfas and Airplanes.

Can't be at swap meet. Dang it.

·
Premium Member
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You read Flying magazine? Follow Dr Dick Karl's move up to a Beech jet, which was a disaster when he hit a bird, ruined the wing, then there were no spars available anywhere? Then buying a Citation. "With a jet you're buying two engine maintenance contracts and they throw in the airplane for free."

Andrew

·
Push hard and live
11,885 Posts
You read Flying magazine? Follow Dr Dick Karl's move up to a Beech jet, which was a disaster when he hit a bird, ruined the wing, then there were no spars available anywhere? Then buying a Citation. "With a jet you're buying two engine maintenance contracts and they throw in the airplane for free."

Andrew
I am not encumbered by the wealth necessary to play with jets. You may have noticed what I paid for my Mooney. In 1979, it was equivalent to about 80% of my annual income. A decision that replaced my prior affiliation with Alfa Romeos, both requiring the same mental eccentricities, but competing for the budget.

I stopped reading "Flying" decades ago, as their apparent target is jet and turbine owners. In fact, I gave up nearly all aviation magazines, except "Pilot", published in the UK.

·
Premium Member
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I worked on Bonanzas 1979-1981 at Palomar in San Diego County. GA planes have gone up an down in price over time.

Swap meet was good, more sellers than buyers but plenty of folks unloaded/found good stuff. Larry Jr ended up with a lot in his metal recycling pile.
Andrew

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.