Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

I have a 74 with the battery mounted in the trunk. It didn't have the battery hold when I bought the car. I just bought the battery hold down from a lister. Awesome of him.

So now i have the j hooks and the bar and what looks like 2 metal spacers. The spacers are about 1/2 inch high and have a hole in the center of them to put the j rod through.

My question is.... Does the spacer go on the bottom of the j rod or the top near the batter? If I use the spacer the j rod's are not long enough. Does this make sense?

thanks

tony

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
Tony,

You don't need the spacers if the combination of J-hooks and bar across the outside upper edge of the battery provide adequate retention. I suspect the spacers are meant for a slightly smaller battery where the bar position would be below the threaded area at the ends of the J-hooks. When / if this occurs, the spacers are installed on the hooks, outside the bar, so the nuts can tighten on the threads. Also, it doesn't hurt to "double nut" the J-hooks to assure that nothing comes loose.

Gentleman,

I have a 74 with the battery mounted in the trunk. It didn't have the battery hold when I bought the car. I just bought the battery hold down from a lister. Awesome of him.

So now i have the j hooks and the bar and what looks like 2 metal spacers. The spacers are about 1/2 inch high and have a hole in the center of them to put the j rod through.

My question is.... Does the spacer go on the bottom of the j rod or the top near the batter? If I use the spacer the j rod's are not long enough. Does this make sense?

thanks

tony

·
Registered
452 Posts
J-hook-ends go into battery tray. Can you post a pic of these parts, as the new repro hold down kits are too short for the rear A/C-car battery tray; had to fab my own J-hooks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you can please post a photo of your trunk mounted battery tray. I am interested in moving my battery to the trunk on my 74 gtv. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts