Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been abusing my 75 2.0ts that I got free for the last six months and trying my hardest to break it! I cant but one small problem has arisen, My battery drains completely after about 4 days of non use, however if I disconnect it after use it lasts indefinitly? weird? also the led on the alarm has been flashing really fast since i noticed the problem. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to ad that the battery is brand new and that there is a noise that comes from the rear of the car occasionally even when its not running, it sounds like the fuel injection pump is priming?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That may make it a little easier, probably either the fuel pump relay (one of the group of four, position may vary but from memory it's the one with the pink wire going to it) or a previous owner has bypassed the relay.

Stick your head in front of the right hand rear wheel and have a listen for the main fuel pump.

Also, the alarm is probably after market so who knows what it will do :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help Craig, Its my first Alfa and i really dont know where to start looking, The alarm is an after-market item but the battery drained even with the alarm manually switched off with the key, The wiring around the engine bay looks original enough. is the relay I should be looking for one of the group inside the fuse box or the four inside the engine bay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts