Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Spider and need to put a new positive clamp on it- before i do I need to know what to do with the Green wire that looks as if it is inserted into the body of the clamp, as opposed to the cable-ie i have a cable wire and a smaller green wire- what is the best way to tie it back into the new clamp. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
16,661 Posts
Our '84 Spider has a red wire at the positive battery cable. Perhaps a DPO made a repair with whatever color wire he had lying about?

And, according to the excellent color coded wire diagrams made by PapaJam, this red wire does go to the ECU (computer). I'd trace the green wire you have to see if where it goes. I bet it is connected to the remnants of the original red wire along the way.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HMM- red, green- the wire in question is seemingly inserted into the clamp- I have owned the car since 88(it is an 84) and it was unmolested as far as I know- but I will try and trace the wire as far as I can- any Ideas on tracing it, what it goes to etc? Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Antenna?

HMM- red, green- the wire in question is seemingly inserted into the clamp- I have owned the car since 88(it is an 84) and it was unmolested as far as I know- but I will try and trace the wire as far as I can- any Ideas on tracing it, what it goes to etc? Thanks
Do you have a power antenna? If you do you may find this wire is the 12 volt constant required for your power antenna. Even if you do not have a power antenna the car may have been wired for it. If I'm correct, the wire would have a plug about 18 inches from the clamp.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No power antenna-it has the embedded windshield antenna- I figured that the green(red) wire went to the computer, but will check it out! Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts