Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with them?

I have heard of most of the no name Chinese tires but this is the first I have heard of Barum.

I know they are based in the Czech Republic.

A 92 Spider on Bring a Trailer has these tires on them so I just got curious about the brand.

·
Push hard and live
9,835 Posts
My Zlin 50 was originally fitted with Barums, which makes sense as it was built in Czechoslovakia also.

They would last about 20-30 landings on a concrete runway. Most runways in CR are grass.

I changed to recapped US tires.

All of which tells you nothing about their car tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have never tried to use this type of tire on my Alfa Romeo car. I am currently using Hankook tires on my 1990 Spider. Barum tire reviews show that the brand products are good, but it is not at the level of high-performance brands like Michelin, Continental, or others which you find on 4wheelonline.

At the end of the day it will still be up to you if you want to purchase it or not.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Barum tires were available in Canada, a long time ago waaaay before we depended from China for cheap everything. They were ok for the price, but that's irrelevant decades later.

I haven't seen them on the North American market since, and am concerned these tires may not be DOT stamped hence illegal for road use in US or Canada. They would have been imported privately.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Barum was purchased by Continental. Now it's a secondary brand aka Dunlop.
This brand was famous in 70s for the really good competition tires for Skoda 130RS.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts