Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome story......

A New York man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 yrs.; the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs.

The house was sold to pay taxes.

There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the place.

The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth, moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn.......curiosity was killing him.

So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of grinders.......and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...............?

Go to:

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

·
Registered
819 Posts
Please make it stop..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
We need some kind of automatic link whenever someone types "barn" that it brings up the five thousand times this has been posted. ;)

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Just yesterday, I gave somebody the "Fool of the Week" award for posting this barn find.

As we are migrating to "Fool of the Day" I suggest we create a "Barney" award.

Anyone with me?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt realize that this was an old story or if it was bs... oh well nice cars anyway

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Barn Find / Use the Search

Not again....
It only proves that there are those out there who do not read the board everyday, but only occassionally. I'm afraid I'm one of those who is guilty of keeping up daily and watching the changes, whether I read or respond to them or not.

As far as using the search before posting. With these guys luck they'd search something like "Portugal" or "retired baron" and not find the post(s) and we'd still find this article being posted repeatedly. The search function on this board when you know the exact wording of what you're looking for does not retrieve the desired post, thread, or information. I gave up using it a long time ago the way it's supposed to be used. You're much better off using the Google function and limiting the search to this site. The results are much better and more releavant.

Maybe, Simon could post in the announcements section on the first page or in the advertising header that we already have multiple "Portugal Barn Find" threads and don't need any more. Then we would have some other gauge of what is or isn't read.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Can we put a "Counter" on this post? I want to see how many times we see this one as "new" at years end. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
So, we've all seen this story dozens of times over what, the past year? What ever happened to all the cars?

And it sure doesn't look like a barn. More like an industrial building. Is this on Snopes.com yet? :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It was on Auto Blog too recently. It still never said were they really were, unless the dealer really was in Portugal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts