Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this beauty yesterday...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Interesting choice of a place to pose it for its picture. Or did it wash in in a flood?
Congraulations.
Andrew

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was trying to wash off 30+ years of dirt in the creek. Actually it had to go through 2 creeks to get to the main road. The car had no brakes so it was pushed down hill and pulled up hill by a tow and then trailered home. Just thought it made for a good picture.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have been there.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
oh dear

What a waste.

A question I always ask myself is why do people leave these rust prone cars out in the paddock to die what would appear to be a lonley death. Well done - another one saved!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John is right these cars were destined for the crusher. It is hard to see the cars we enjoy so much rot but these would not be with us anymore if it weren't for the farm. My car was not in the field but was in a barn. It has alot of rust but it is savable. I don't know what I am going to do with the car. I am finishing a 69 gtv first.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yeah, very true that. Still hurts to see them out there rusting away. Is the car somewhat complete ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very complete I added a new dent in the passenger side door when it blew opened on the x- way. I knew better. I will post some pictures after I clean it up. It would make a great racer or stock. The 1600 has been replaced with a 1750 spica.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 252193 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (105.36), manufactured on the 22nd September 1967 and sold on the 10th October 1967 to Alfa Romeo Frankfurt, Germany.

The body colour is Alfa red, with black interiors.

I guess I have a euro model. Rich I don't think Chip Foose and his whole team could get this one ready for the Nationals..

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,044 Posts
Hey Gregg, nice find. You got the GT bug for sure! What a story. Apparently these things just grow like that in conrfields and tall grass unmolested . . . . There's one above looking for water, must be parched. And you found one hiding in a barn. Makes me wonder just how many are out there in fields and woods all over the US melting away. Probably more than are running. Such a shame.

·
Registered
222 Posts
with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 252193 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (105.36), manufactured on the 22nd September 1967 and sold on the 10th October 1967 to Alfa Romeo Frankfurt, Germany.

The body colour is Alfa red, with black interiors.

I guess I have a euro model. Rich I don't think Chip Foose and his whole team could get this one ready for the Nationals..
made exactly two weeks before mine, and sold on the same day. :)

good luck with it...well saved.

A couple more pictures

***? :eek:

i'm guessing the banks of the creek were just a bit further away when it was parked.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,044 Posts
I though it was making a run for it. That's what Gary Larson would say anyway . . .

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The spider behind it seems to be doing a runner as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts