Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Terrible Ebay ad. Pictures from different cars. Can't tell if the ad is for one car or for all of them.

Listed by what looks like a car dealer who has other auctions that are nicely shown.

Has to be a hoax.

Too bad.

Vin

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think all the comments on BaT miss the real point. Someone, somewhere, somehow, has 3 very desirable cars sitting in a storage unit, gathering dust and value. Under 1000 miles, not even to the first oil change. When these cars see the true light of day, they will be some of the most valuable examples in existance because of their un-touched condition. One could only wish to be the owner of the storage unit and have the owner lapse on his rent.

Anyone remember the Shelby Datona CSX2287 (1 of 6) that emerged from a storage unit a few years back?
The Long Lost Daytona Coupe
(much) stranger things have happened.
Stan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I think all the comments on BaT miss the real point. Someone, somewhere, somehow, has 3 very desirable cars sitting in a storage unit, gathering dust and value. Under 1000 miles, not even to the first oil change. When these cars see the true light of day, they will be some of the most valuable examples in existance because of their un-touched condition...
You're assuming the story is real and the cars are being represented honestly.

·
Registered
569 Posts
even if they aren't, I'd sure like the keys to that storage unit. Whatever the real story, someone has three cars that many of us would kill for, needing a run through the carwash. Daytona last registered in 2/88 (tags expired 2/89). the dust under the Dino is undisturbed except for the car being rolled about 3" back. The Bora odometer is at 978. The inside pic of the Bora appears legit, as the dust on the windshield is apparent in the Odometer shot. lots of little clues. I suspect we will hear the real story someday.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I think all the comments on BaT miss the real point. Someone, somewhere, somehow, has 3 very desirable cars sitting in a storage unit, gathering dust and value. Under 1000 miles, not even to the first oil change. When these cars see the true light of day, they will be some of the most valuable examples in existance because of their un-touched condition. One could only wish to be the owner of the storage unit and have the owner lapse on his rent.

Anyone remember the Shelby Datona CSX2287 (1 of 6) that emerged from a storage unit a few years back?
The Long Lost Daytona Coupe
(much) stranger things have happened.
Stan
I think you are comparing apples and oranges here.

First, the three Italian cars are not that rare with huge production numbers (Relatively speaking). They are not unique race cars with unquestionable and fantastic history.

Second, we don't know precious little about these cars. One gentlemen appears to have seen them and at least the Daytona appears to have many, many needs. Low milage means nothing if the cars have been badly neglected.

Before making any judgements, let's first see what we really have here. So far, it's just decent online entertainment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts