Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I guess this rules out Golabki and Pierogi...this could be the game breaker!
Yeah, and no Kolbasz or Kapuszta either!:(

Oh well, that isn't what Kentucky cuisine is about anyway. And I don't think that they'll be serving 'Possum, '****, 'Crawdaddy Grits or even any Moonshine to wash it down with!

But hey...those things are all way too high in Cholesterol, Saturated fats, Sodium, Carbs and other bad stuff. I'm sure that whatever the actual menu choices will be, they will be yummy!:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
We have the best spirits known to man "BOURBON" and there are several great distilleries within 30 minutes of the hotel. If anyone cares to discuss Bourbon I will be happy to share my knowledge on the subject. I know alot more about Bourbon then I do about Alfa's. I'm not sure if that is good or bad...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread at all, but: Actually, the horse meat thing isn't so funny or far-fetched. Foals are culled for various reasons, sometimes only because fees aren't paid, while others are foals of nurse mares. Some farms still sell them for slaughter. They don't slaughter horses in the U.S. anymore, so they are trucked live to Mexico. Various rescue groups save all they can, and buy them off the trucks.

One of the rescue farms we help out, and a place we really look forward to visiting when we go to Alfas in the Bluegrass is Mountain View Rescue, Welcome to Mountain View Rescue

Why is this important to me? 1. The whole horse thing is why my wife wants to come! I get to do car stuff, she gets to do all sorts of horse stuff. 2. If you look way down under Mountain View's "adopted" list you'll see Licorice, now Bella - NICE ITALIAN NAME, don't you think? Bella Noel is her full name..... because she was my wife's Christmas present in 2007. She is huge now - the HORSE, not my wife.

We are looking forward to a lot at the upcoming convention, food and drink included. I have heard about establishments where one can sample flights of bourbon..... dear lord. I am not picky to begin with, but adding the proper amount of distilled attitude enhancement can only make it all taste superb!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Bourbon, horses, basketball, it's all here!

Gregg's right on target with the bourbon, heck we even have a neighboring county named Bourbon County! And yes, the distilled spirits are first class;)...

Horses you say? Yes, we even have a race horse retirement farm here locally, and they have been very effective in obtaining and pampering retired thoroughbreds. We'll set you up to visit there if you like with your own self guided tour!

This is where the thread takes off in another direction, though, so let us know if you have any thoughts or questions on any of the topics listed here.

Needless to say, the Banquet, Welcome reception, and Awards brunch on Sunday July 17 will feature great food. I have had lunch at our headquarters hotel, the Campbell House Crowne Plaza numerous times during the early planning for the convention, and the lunch buffet is absolutely delicious! Their head chef is a gentleman and highly schooled in the culinary creations.

Our goals for Alfas in the Bluegrass include not only a memorable Alfa Romeo experience, but to allow Alfisti ample time to enjoy our Bluegrass country, also.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.