Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where we will be discussing the Banquet. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration has not yet opened. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Banquet/Food Allergies/Special Diets

Is restricted diet, allergies, etc. included in this thread? Does Enrique have enough information based on last years banquet/meal situation to discuss how this will be handled this year to avoid having to issue refunds and notify those effected prior to registration how this is going to be handled and what is expected in regard to all events that include food service? Or has this been handed off to someone else who is not familiar with the situation last year?

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cheryl, You win the prize for the first response. Your question topic is on our list, and we will post the information when available.

Is restricted diet, allergies, etc. included in this thread? Does Enrique have enough information based on last years banquet/meal situation to discuss how this will be handled this year to avoid having to issue refunds and notify those effected prior to registration how this is going to be handled and what is expected in regard to all events that include food service?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
2011 Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA National Convention

Hi Cheryl, You win the prize for the first response. Your question topic is on our list, and we will post the information when available.

QUOTE=Pat Braden;949165]Is restricted diet, allergies, etc. included in this thread? Does Enrique have enough information based on last years banquet/meal situation to discuss how this will be handled this year to avoid having to issue refunds and notify those effected prior to registration how this is going to be handled and what is expected in regard to all events that include food service?
And exactly what is the prize? First class service of fish for the banquet? ;)

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
special dietary needs at banquet

Hello Cheryl--

The answer to your question on how special dietary needs will be handled is very simple and straightforward. Those folks who need to have something other than the banquet menu will be able to order directly with the catering manager at the hotel. No bureaucracy, no middle man! Our convention registration form will have a check box for this purpose, and we will forward the list of names so she can take your order individually well ahead of the banquet.

I hope that takes care of your concern. :) Thanks for getting a jump start on Alfas in the Bluegrass!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Banquet/Food Allergies/Special Diets

Hello Cheryl--

The answer to your question on how special dietary needs will be handled is very simple and straightforward. Those folks who need to have something other than the banquet menu will be able to order directly with the catering manager at the hotel. No bureaucracy, no middle man! Our convention registration form will have a check box for this purpose, and we will forward the list of names so she can take your order individually well ahead of the banquet.

I hope that takes care of your concern. :) Thanks for getting a jump start on Alfas in the Bluegrass!
Hi Dave,

Thanks.

That's very encouraging to know. This is the way that Portland handled it; I had the chef's cell phone number and he made sure that I had a sealed, prepared meal for every event that I registered for that could not accidentally become contaminated by others. Maryland chose not to handle it that way last year. It may simply be the difference in the grade/quality of hotel selected, some are accustomed to dealing with special requests and others are not. This is much more convenient for me.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Okay, so, getting back to the banquet. Can we have Tacos? Barbecue? What is the native food of Kentucky??

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Glen,

There's not a lot of chatter on the convention threads, so there is an opportunity to get just a little off topic. We will publish the banquet menu with our registration form but the native food of Kentucky is Burgoo, a stew that has been made here since the time of Daniel Boone. It is usually slow-cooked in large batches and contains a wide variety of meats, vegetables, and spices. Some of the earlier versions contained squirrel, opossums, and about any other thing that walked or flew. If you're really interested, maybe you could bring some native ingredients from your area...

Okay, so, getting back to the banquet. Can we have Tacos? Barbecue? What is the native food of Kentucky??

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Come on Alex-- you're letting the cat out of the bag!!!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Come on Alex-- you're letting the cat out of the bag!!!
Mmmmmmmm....Cat!?!?! I LOVE Cat!

I once bought a bag of 'joke' fortune cookies which I used in a Chinese restaurant where I switched a real one for a joke one for a friend. The cookie tag read: "That wasn't chicken!"

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Banquet/Chinese Food and Cats

Mmmmmmmm....Cat!?!?! I LOVE Cat!

I once bought a bag of 'joke' fortune cookies which I used in a Chinese restaurant where I switched the real ones for the joke ones for a friend. The cookie tag read: "That wasn't chicken!"
O.k. Alex,

You asked for this one, I couldn't stop myself....and how often do I eat Chinese food? About as often as I eat fish, which is never.

Link: Cat in the Kettle at The Peking Moon

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Dog is pretty good too.

Cheryl, I'm not really sure how exactly I "asked for it", but OK... whatever floats your boat.

I believe that most AlfaBB members eat Chinese food once in a while, and certainly almost everyone eats fish in one form or another. We may not all like seahorse, cat or dog however. It's a shame that you aren't able to enjoy the wonders of all the different styles of Chinese cuisine, and that you are so allergic to seafood.

In Italy, there is a wonderful sliced cold-cut horse meat which is considered a delicacy. Perhaps that would be something you might be able to find in Kentucky?

In any event, I don't want to hijack this thread any further away from its original intent than I have already taken it. I'm looking forward to eating whatever is put in front of me; I'm pretty sure it'll be tasty!

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alex,

Around here, they auction young thoroughbred horses that have never raced, with value based only on their pedigree. These one year old horses sell for $1,000,000 or sometimes much more. Needless to say, there isn't much interest in horseflesh as food.

Are you sure we couldn't interest you in some authentic Burgoo?

...In Italy, there is a wonderful sliced cold-cut horse meat which is considered a delicacy. Perhaps that would be something you might be able to find in Kentucky?...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.