Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Baltimore Grand Prix is over Labor Day weekend.

Click: Baltimore Grand Prix

Anyone else going?

They'll be Ferraris racing in the Saturday American LeMans Series race.

Unfortunately that's about as close as we'll get to Alfas since Alfa has no factory racing program. :(

Anyway, good to have some professional road racing in the mid-Atlantic region.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Looked into this several weeks ago - wont' be around that weekend. If you go take some photos/video!

A friend of mine living in Bmore said that they're already setting up - said it's looking good. Wish I could make it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Balt GP

Yes I am going. have grandstand seats at the chicane but was too late to park in the corral and parking seems sold out. If anyone knows where to park, let me know. 540 845-9472 Steve

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baltimore Grand Prix photos

It was a well run event with a very large crowd in attendance. I saw lots of license plates from up and down the East Coast on the way to and from the event.

A few pictures:

1) Indycar V8

2) Porsche Panamera safety car

3) American Lemans Corvette

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
A great event. We sat at Turn 3, the hairpin, and through the weekend saw a great variety of lines through this corner, a great range of driver skill. It was the perfect place to see drivers find their braking points and get back on the power smoothly. Some did not. Best racing of the weekend was the ALMS race on Saturday evening, with tough competition throughout the field.

Race management was ragged and left a lot to be desired, but it all came out well in the end. A good first effort. Can't wait until next year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts