Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would you go to have the steering wheel of your early Giulia Sprint GT restored?

I've found a several websites online. I wasn't thrilled with the work done on one of my Cadillacs by one of the other providers, but the following two sound promising: Bob of Steering Wheel Bob claims to have done work on Pebble Beach cars, and Dennis at Quality Restorations replaces the crack prone bakelite with a modern plastic that should last longer than the original.

If you have experience with either of these two restorers, or have another recommendation I'd like to have this done before Summer driving season starts!

Cheers,

-ad

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would contact Franjo. He is a very skilled craftsman and has made many hard to find parts. I remember that he restored an old steering wheel, I just do not know if it is one like yours.

Thanks Brian!

I've just sent him a message. The pieces he has on his website look beautiful.

-ad

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Antoni, Is your wheel like this one. Check your dimensions too. The black horn push is loose and just visible behind spoke.

Ken

Wood Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part Steering part

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it looks like that although the hub looks a little different. And of course there are cracks and chunks of plastic missing where the spokes meet the rim.

I don't have it in front of me right now to take dimensions, but I've attached some photos which I hope will be helpful.

-ad

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Hi, no not the same.

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diameter is 400mm, with a grip diameter of 21mm. I hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts