Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gathered some data on badges and scripts.
Still need to know a few things,
  1. When did the Sprint change from gold to chrome
  2. When did the Sprint luggage lid badge switch from Cloisonné to plastic
  3. When did the Alfa grill badge switch from Cloisonné to plastic ……. was it the same for Sprint and Spider
  4. Did the 1962-65 "1300 Sprint" have a gold Alfa badge on luggage lid? Was it the only use of the gold Alfa badge.
As always, I would appreciate new info and corrections

Attachments

·
Registered
9,407 Posts
As usual, an outstanding document -- Thanks, Carl!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I think there were at least three, maybe four different radio delete/blanking plates used on the Sprint's. The four that I can think of:
Early with straight bars and no badge
Early with straight bars and center badge
Five piece metal with eyebrows and center badge
One piece plastic version of number four

I think it would be useful to document those here as well. Greig @AlfistiSA would know for sure.

·
Registered
758 Posts
hi Carl,

do you need photo of the 1600 badge off the sprints ?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know if the two with badge used the same badge?
I have seen one copy of a partially melted plastic block-out ….. happen to have a good picture of one?

I think there were at least three, maybe four different radio delete/blanking plates used on the Sprint's. The four that I can think of:
Early with straight bars and no badge
Early with straight bars and center badge
Five piece metal with eyebrows and center badge
One piece plastic version of number four

I think it would be useful to document those here as well. Greig @AlfistiSA would know for sure.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Do you know if the two with badge used the same badge?
I have seen one copy of a partially melted plastic block-out ….. happen to have a good picture of one?
Yes, same 25mm badge. I think there's a picture of the plastic one on the bb somewhere. I look for it when I get a chance. Not many survived.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi 6alfas,
I mentioned yet the plastic radio plate to Carl when he was making his listing but I told him to disregard it as I was convinced that it was some selfmade stuff. But when reading your post here, I thought to ask it on the AlfaBB community.

Rgds,
Thierry

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Hi 6alfas,
I mentioned yet the plastic radio plate to Carl when he was making his listing but I told him to disregard it as I was convinced that it was some selfmade stuff. But when reading your post here, I thought to ask it on the AlfaBB community.

Rgds,
Thierry
Thierry, yes, it's the real deal. Since they were plastic, most broke and were thrown away.
Chuck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, Carl, great effort on your part to inform us on the variety of badges and scripts on our cars.
Steven Piantieri,
Orlando, FL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thierry, yes, it's the real deal. Since they were plastic, most broke and were thrown away.
Chuck
Does anyone know if this plastic radio blanking plate is correct for my 1963 101 Sprint 1600...? Car was purchased in UK around 2002 (LHD).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Very Nice Carl. Another very useful reference guide. Someday, maybe, these guides could be combined in a hard copy and sold with the proceeds going to the ABB Giulietta& Giulia administration.

·
Registered
9,407 Posts
Someday, maybe, these guides could be combined in a hard copy and sold with the proceeds going to the ABB Giulietta& Giulia administration.
Nice idea, but little chance of success: When I created the 1972 Alfa Romeo Color Chart -- Reference Materials thread, it was for the purpose of enticing people to support AlfaBB. The result was that someone in Italy ripped the information off, stripped all references to AlfaBB, and distributed it as a PDF file (without permission or giving credit to where the information came from).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts