Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New classic Alfa owner. 1988 Spider Graduate. Does anyone have experience with removing the “graduate” and “injected” badges off of the rubber rear spoiler? I have new replacement badges but would like to know what removal entails before beginning.
Just adhesive? Adhesive and studs? Thanks in advance.
Derek

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like there are two pins/studs. Has anyone taken one of these off and if so how did you accomplish it?
Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
New classic Alfa owner. 1988 Spider Graduate. Does anyone have experience with removing the “graduate” and “injected” badges off of the rubber rear spoiler? I have new replacement badges but would like to know what removal entails before beginning. View attachment 1612680 Just adhesive? Adhesive and studs? Thanks in advance.
Derek
So I have a 1984 with a rubber rear spoiler. I thought 86 was a big change. The spoiler was hard plastic with the third break light in it. It was the first year of the Mono pod instrument cluster too. My question is, is your car a 1988 with a rubber rear spoiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mistake. It is 1988 but the spoiler is plastic. Any ideas on removing the badges?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not sure but a little heat and fishing string. Try to pulling the string between the emblem and the plastic or try a putty knife. I think it is glue on. That is just a thought. Others might know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
So does the new badge have pins?
I read on BB somewhere they were both glued and have pins, and the pins use those spring retainer clips that are impossible to release once the pin has been pressed thru (forget what they are called)

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Knowing where the pins are on the new badge, you could use that as a template to drill thru from the front, thru the pins on old badge, then just stick the new one back on.....sure easier than removing that spoiler!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Park it in E. Los Angeles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts