Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just a few questions regarding the badges on the GTV6.

I understand that the rear boot badge is 75mm in diameter, is it the same for the front grille badge? Will the standard 75mm badge fit on both the rear and front?

Also, I want to change the emblems on my rims, I don't know the specific name of my rims, but they're exactly like these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Alfetta_FL1.jpg

would these emblems fit: Centerline Products: CL903 Wheel Emblem Full Color 50mm - Set of 4 ?

One last question, does the hood bulge come painted all black stock, or do some of the come with the Alfa logo painted?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Some of the rear badges have pins. some of the grill badges are just 'stick on' have to check yours. Yes, 75mm for both..unless you haev a smaller grill badge.

The black an white wheel emblems sold by centerline and IAp fit the stock GTV6 wheels and the turbina wheels from Alfetta. You can always but one and check fitment. Get new retaining clips too.

Hood bulge not painted as stock..just black plastic(in USA)

·
Banned
764 Posts
IIRC, the GTV6 badge size took a change on the'84 MY. The Fr/Rrs went from 55mm to 75 mm. My '84 has this and the Fr actually sits in a holder that fits over the original 55mm location hence the grilles are manufactured all alike.

Call Joe at Centerline and ask him about the rim caps. He'll let you know probably. I bought some GTV6 decals off evilbay and they had the stick on colored ones I put on the then stock rims and I liked them alot. That was until you washed a couple times and they went to shat!! Even the underhood sucked! Cheap crap..

I then found some good ones at twice the price but then they last and you don't have to put up with removing the glue and stuff very soon. I'd like to use these on my car but my rims are 'Sportivas' and have the colored Alfa rim along with their name so OK.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mines an '83 and the front badge is 55mm and the rear is 75mm.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 1983 originally had the 55mm, there's a ring moulded into the grill that it sits in on the "carrier", but someone has "Glued" a 75mm on with silicone at some stage. Looks fine unless you know it's not original.

AL.

·
Banned
764 Posts
I've attached some fotos of the front grille badge on my '84 GTV6 for reference. You'll see that it has the 75mm badge. It's mounted on an accordingly sized holder and then mounted on the grille over the earlier 55mm original badge placement. You can see from the side view how the holder is shaped to slip into the grille and silly-coned in place. I guess this was for production intentions by AR at the time.

I happened to have it off as I removed the grille and headlite for another thread to find replacement lamp mounting screws.

My boot lid has a 55mm which means probably one of two things. AR did this during their "transition" year which I've found on BMWs of the era (leftover hatches, parts or new ones were not available). Or a PO replaced the a rusted hatch lid but doesn't appear the case on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the replies, much appreciated.

I've measured the front emblem on my car, it measures 55mm. I would very much like to replace it with the 75mm badge, but I'm not sure if I have that badge holder that would fit in over the grille, does anyone know where I can find this holder? The standard 75mm badge is easily sourced from eBay, but I couldn't find the holder.

·
Banned
764 Posts
losfer,

Go to this listing in the For Sale section and check with the author, "planetmojo" as he may be able to assist as he's got some spare grilles. Also, the usual suspects like Trail Auto and APE.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...nted/184241-gtv6-headlight-adjust-screws.html

The grille in my fotos was a new one that came with all the headlite attaching hardware but not the 75mm badge holder. I took that from my original grille that's in this foto. You'll note the close proximity of the fire extinguisher in case things above get too hot!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brooks, thanks alot for your help. I'll be PM-ing planetmojo and hopefully he'll have a spare badge holder he's willing to let go! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts