Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some really bad luck lately, and I am thinking putting the Quadrifoglio that I have bought long time ago on my GTV. The problem is, I don't know which way they should go.

Is this the right way?
Should it be above the belt line, facing the sky?
Or below the belt line, facing the ground?

Which one should I put on the back of the car if I want to put only one of them on my GTV? And should I put it on the left or the right of the license plate.

Thank you. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes I think that is right the stem goes towards the rear. Most of the gtv I have seen put them below the beltline center to low behind the front wheel on the fender. How big are they usally the ones placed on the back of the cars are smaller like 3" While the ones on the sides of the car are more like 5".

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Heimeng,

I agree with Alfacupp's post as to the size and location of the decals. One thing though, while your quadrifoglio decals sure look nice, they are not the original style. I don't know if that matters to you. IAP lists this decal under "Miscellaneous/Logo Accessories".

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I went around and around with IAP and Difatta Brothers on the C pillar quads on my '67. The Alfa parts manual lists different part numbers for each side of the car, yet both suppliers only sell one badge now. It turns out that many years ago production ceased on one of the badges. Restorers are left with buying two of the same badges. Therefore the driver's side quad stem will not be facing the rear of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dropped by AR Ricambi the other day and saw the original style stickers on a display board.
I asked the guy in there but he could only find the "new style" for me. :(

Would they still bring good luck to me though?? :D

67GTV said:
Heimeng,

I agree with Alfacupp's post as to the size and location of the decals. One thing though, while your quadrifoglio decals sure look nice, they are not the original style. I don't know if that matters to you. IAP lists this decal under "Miscellaneous/Logo Accessories".

·
Registered
615 Posts
Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the Quad badges on the "c" pillars? Whow are they attached? With pins in the inside or with some kind of adhesive? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Garrett

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Garrett,

These badges have pins with cup-like clips holding them. My badges also had some adhesive. From what I understand you have to peel back the headliner on the inside of the C pillars to get to the pins. I have a new pair waiting for that someday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
alfa_chan said:
I dropped by AR Ricambi the other day and saw the original style stickers on a display board.
I asked the guy in there but he could only find the "new style" for me. :(

Would they still bring good luck to me though?? :D
Of course you don't have to use the correct decal design. I have seen several different quadrifoglio decals on Alfas. Although I have not yet seen the type you bought. I found this set on eBay a while back from seller "116_veloce". He's in Israel but the prices and shipping are reasonable. I bought several items from Uri directly.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks 67gtv,

I pealed back part of the headliner on one of the C pillars to take a look. It seems there are no clips on the inside. The PO had the car painted and the badges were re-attached with just an adhesive.

What adhesive would you recommend to attach my new badges?

Thanks for everyone's help. I gotta say I love this site. :D

Garrett

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've reattached my Alfa trunk badge and some trim on my VW with the 3M emblem & trim 1-part epoxy (no mixing), it works excellent. No damage to paint when you have to remove it again. Kinda hard to find, but you should find them in any parts store. :D

ar1750gtv said:
What adhesive would you recommend to attach my new badges?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I use RTV silicone. The badge won't get buggered up if/when it's removed in the future and it waterproofs the holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts