Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with the reverse light on my Milano. I replaced the switch in the transaxle and that seemed to work for a while. But now it is again intermitent. It does not seem to matter how hard I engage reverse (the shift lever) the light will not come on until backing the car several feet down the driveway. Any ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is your linkage 'sloppy'? Might be an adjustment issue, as in the switch is slightly out of kilter with the actual location of the shift fork. Try fooling with the linkage (key on, lights on, not running, unless you're a big gambler), and see if the reverse lights come on then.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Check to see if you're getting voltage. I just got thru fixing this on my car. Granted mine had several problems but I worked them all out. Corrosion in the bulb holders, a bad connection between the left and right clusters and the worst offender..........the main connection behind the fuse box. I never would have guessed this one but they've been working since I cleaned it out. To reach it you'll need to pull the fuse panel out and the little cubby hole above it. Way up at the far left corner there are several main connectors. The one with the reverse lights is at the top left. It's not too tough to get to. Just have to have limber fingers.

Don

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The linkage is fine, and I have voltage. I suspect its an internal thing since the switch is also new. Whatever contacts the switch in the transaxle must not do so until I move a few feet. No big deal unless its a sign of future failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts