Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it back from Woody White (Alfa Performance Center)
He rebuilt rockers on both sides, and a bit of rear wheel arch,
and a piece of driver's side floor. Straightened the bent front spoiler too.
While he was at it, I had him install a chassis stiffener, feels much better on Manhattan's rough streets. We added a few things along the way: my original leather seat backs were splitting, Woody had a pair out of a Spider that was totaled with 4000 miles on it, seats, though old, were very lightly used. Put some Leather Honey on them, I'll see what that does for them. New door seals too. Had Palo Alto Speedometer rebuild speedometer, my odometer stopped working right before I put it in storage in 2008, and the needle used to bounce all over while driving and generally read about 10 mph high. Also replaced a front U joint. A casualty seems to be the little knob/handle on the heater/defroster lever (right hand lever of the two) if anyone knows were to get another.
A few pictures from the process:
Rebuilt rockers, picking up last weekend

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Looks great! Can you post some close-up shots of what you did on removing the rear spoiler? In particular, how you handled the transitions around the tail and side lights.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! Can you post some close-up shots of what you did on removing the rear spoiler? In particular, how you handled the transitions around the tail and side lights.
Hi Sloboy, Thanks, its a 10 or 20 footer really but I like it. I'll take pictures this weekend of the tail lights. PO took the spoiler off, and since it was a feature I was ambivalent about, it has stayed that way. So there is no transition- it is rather abrupt. PO also removed those two silver plates either side of trunk lid near hinge, a clean look that has also stayed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where is alfa performance center? sounds far from manhattan.
Its near the PA/NJ line. If you
go to alfaperformancecenter dot com
there is a map linked to the address
on the home page. A little over an hour
From Manhattan. We're on the Jersey
Shore on the weekends and usually go
from there since we use the Spider
there in Summer. Its Woody White's
place. Other alfabb members have
recommended him. I do too.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Its near the PA/NJ line. If you
go to alfaperformancecenter dot com
there is a map linked to the address
on the home page. A little over an hour
From Manhattan. We're on the Jersey
Shore on the weekends and usually go
from there since we use the Spider
there in Summer. Its Woody White's
place. Other alfabb members have
recommended him. I do too.
thanks for the info.

i take my car to the alfa auto clinic in baldwin, LI.

·
Senior Moment
146 Posts
Just got it back from Woody White (Alfa Performance Center)
Woody used to work on my Spider when I lived in Bucks County, PA - he was across the river from Trenton in Morrisville, PA at the time. Always thought he did a good job at a fair cost. Does he still have the "Alfa graveyard" at his new place?

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
An Alfa graveyard! That perked my ears up:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woody used to work on my Spider when I lived in Bucks County, PA - he was across the river from Trenton in Morrisville, PA at the time. Always thought he did a good job at a fair cost. Does he still have the "Alfa graveyard" at his new place?
There are a few around the building, maybe a dozen, didn't count. He talks of having others somewhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
S3 tail detail

Here are a few detail shots of the S3 minus the spoiler. Removed by PO.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts