Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,469 Posts
Alex, thanks for that wonderful story and pictures. Long live our beloved 164s. I, too was saddened by Steve Jobs passing.

The reason I still have my beloved 164B is that my first wife just months before she died at age 49 told me if I wanted it to buy it. But I could not bring myself to do it then. I even test drove a white 164L w/AT with intention to buy it instead in hopes she would win her fight with cancer. But alas it was not to be. She died in Oct 90 a few months after I test drove both white 164s my now owned 164B and the 164L. Jan 91 they still had my B and had long sold the L. Dave Murray the sales manager threw me the keys and said take it for the weekend. It had 29 miles on it and 1029 on it when in Feb 91 I laid my money down and got almost $5k off sticker since by my 1000 mile trip it has become a demo model and I was hooked. He knew a sucker fish didn't he.

It has been a long and winding rode since then with a few straights thrown in and just before Dave got me to sign the papers for the B I meet my second wife and our daughter is now almost as old as my B model. The B was born Mar 90 and our adopted daughter was born Mar 91. She is the daughter who thank GOD survived the snowy crash of her own 164B this past February.

She is driving my 164L Black Beauty now but gets the B model back on Friday. I need one more test drive today after my 6 year/35k maintenance job I finished on Tuesday.

Keep the rubber side down.

Life does go on!

·
1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,469 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.