Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this same problem: I click into the GT forum and chose a thread to go through, first post has a pdf that I check out. I click that back arrow on the pdf to take me back to the thread. No problem. I click the back arrow to take me back to the forum from the thread. NADA. I cannot get back to the GT forum by using the back arrow. This happens to me at work and home. Anybody?:confused:

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Yup. You are not alone. If you use IE or Chrome, click and hold on your "back" button to reveal your recent browsing history. You'll see additional lines representing the advertising that loads to the top of the page. These lines prevent immediate access to the previous "real" page. If you hit the "back" button often enough you'll get back to the previous page. Recently I've seen only a couple of entries to page back through but in the past, with animated ads, there would be multiple entries between the current page and the last real page viewed. It's irritating and I don't know a way around it other than clicking to view the history and selecting the last active page, bypassing the ad pages.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Near the top of each page are so-called "bread crumbs" that show the navigation hierarchy of the page you're looking at (e.g. "Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums > General Forums > Suggestions & Comments about AlfaBB" for this thread). So, instead of clicking the back button, you can always click on that link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These lines prevent immediate access to the previous "real" page. If you hit the "back" button often enough you'll get back to the previous page. Recently I've seen only a couple of entries to page back through but in the past, with animated ads, there would be multiple entries between the current page and the last real page viewed.....!

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Near the top of each page are so-called "bread crumbs" that show the navigation hierarchy of the page you're looking at (e.g. "Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums > General Forums > Suggestions & Comments about AlfaBB" for this thread). So, instead of clicking the back button, you can always click on that link.
Ruedi,
While this method works, it has its limitations because it doesn't return you to the same place on the page you left to get there. Likewise, if you're navigating, say, from the third page of a topic listing, clicking on the previous "crumb" will take you back to the first page of the string - inconvenient at best. But that's just the way the software is built so I guess we'll live with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts