Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the past few weeks the back button on my Internet Explorer browser has become increasing balky, and has now stopped working. The problem only occurs when on this website. I normally read threads within the "New Posts", then back out to the main list. Any ideas on how I might get this straightened out?

Thanks,

One more thing...has anyone noticed there's now an "Auto Loans" tab on the header bar? Really?? -very cheesy!

·
Administrator
16,405 Posts
Within the past few weeks the back button on my Internet Explorer browser has become increasing balky, and has now stopped working.
I suspect it has to do with google tracking for advertisement purposes. I don't get that problem here ("platinum" membership is supposed to avoid the ads). But I do get it on other websites. If you hover over the back button (without clicking it) a list of the recent pages is revealed - often with 2-3 google ad url's.

One more thing...has anyone noticed there's now an "Auto Loans" tab on the header bar? Really?? -very cheesy!
see: Ads Despite Platinum Subscription

·
Administrator
960 Posts
I suspect it has to do with google tracking for advertisement purposes. I don't get that problem here ("platinum" membership is supposed to avoid the ads). But I do get it on other websites. If you hover over the back button (without clicking it) a list of the recent pages is revealed - often with 2-3 google ad url's.

Exactly what ghnl said. The Google ads that we run on the forum do make the site load slower (Worse when you are in IE ). The best bet for your back button is to scroll over it , then select where you would like to go back to. Like mentioned before one of the perks to paid membership is no ads on the forum. .. Minus the Auto Loans bar, they are one of our partners.

dm, community support

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ghnl and Dm,
Thanks for the help.
Hovering over the back arrow bring up a long line of script, but it disappears once I move the cursor towards it.
Right clicking the arrow brings up a list too, which looks like ad urls - nothing apparent happens when clicking on any of those. When I logged on here tonight, the back button worked for a while, but has quit again.

Hoping this will sort itself out as some other issues have with this site. I don't understand why it was easy to navigate until recently, but now isn't.

·
Administrator
16,405 Posts
Correction to my previous reply. Try a 'half-click' on the back button. Move the cursor/arrow to the back button then press but don't release the left mouse button. A list of prior URL's should appear. Move the cursor/arrow to the one you want and release the mouse button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts