Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just visited Bacci Romano Transmissions located just outside of Florence, Italy and was extremely impressed with the modern CNC equipment used in manufacturing their transmissions offered for racing and vintage cars. Bacci has just instituted a new operation of repairing and providing replacement parts for various generations of Alfa Romeo cars going back many years. I strongly recommend contacting Bacci Romano through their website and inquiring what is available for both vintage transmissions and rear axles. I believe they will prove to be a new sources for items no longer available except as used as time goes on.

·
Registered
862 Posts
they do, but dont scare and be seatted when you visit the webpage

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Andy at Performatek is one of their reps here in the States. I bought the close ratio gear sets from him for one of my transaxles. They are really well made. The stack heights are identical to the OEM Alfa gears, because they use the OEM gear inner races. Basically what that means is that you can swap gears and the Pinion depth for the gearbox should remain the same.

Caveat, you be foolish not to have measured it and double check it when reassembling the gearbox.

They will also sell you the dog gears separately for gear box refreshes. you use the stock syncro bands.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts