Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am owning two Giuliettas Sprint Veloce purchased for restoration in 1995 and 2010. I am retired now and finishing them but it is weird but from both cars I am missing the same trim. I think the ones with the correct lenght are used on the Giulietta 750 and 101 but those from the 2000 and 2600 Sprint are usable too. I have to shorten them.

A friend is restoring a Sprint too and I was able to take some photos from these parts.
So I need two sets but I am happy with one too.

20141216_160321w.jpg

20141216_160328w.jpg

Last week I finished the heaters and I think they are quite nice. Also a photo from the interior.

20141216_154801w.jpg

20141216_154930w.jpg

P1030617w.jpg

Thanks,
Frans

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hello Frans,

can you tell me more about your interior? It came out very nice and looks very much like the interior in my car should be. Who supplied the material resp. who did the trim job?

regards
Sig

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Sig,
Sjaak Verhoeff Autobekleding did the job and he is located in Den Haag - Voorburg.
Materials came from Elvezio.
Not available on internet, if you want contact details, pm me.
Regards,
Frans

20140916_142138w.jpg

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I just finished restoring my 1961 101 Sprint Veloce. I need to know where you bought the silver material that goes on the door panel. The "B" pillar trim that was used on my car looks different than yours. 1961 Sprint Veloce Interior 004.jpg

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The "B" pillar trim that holds on the rear quarter window is stainless steel. I purchased them nearly forty years ago for my restoration and used the original ones instead. Sprint B Pillar Trim 003.jpg

Sprint B Pillar Trim 004.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The silver material came also from Elvezio. But it is not the correct type but that is not available anymore. This is flat, it has not the relief from the original.

The trim I need is glued on the glas and two other trim parts hold the glass in place. The part you are showing is the one from the inside, on the picture below you see all the parts for the b-pillar but I am missing the one that is glued on the glass.
The parts on the picture are from my 750 veloce and that is why the right part is aluminum, for the 101 that part is stainless steel like yours.

B-pillar-trim.jpg

Frans

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Frans,
The rear quarter window is glued to a u-shaped rubber gasket and then inserted into the "B" piller on my 101 Sprint Veloce. The car has been in my family since 1961 and have the original gasket. I replaced it when I completed the restoration.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Frans,
The trim you are looking for is the same as I have on my '57 Sprint. I may have one or two of these in my "extra parts bin". I will look. They seem to be rather rare.

I also have some of the 750 Veloce trim you show in your later picture. I posted pictures of the piece on the far left a few years ago trying to figure out where they go. I finally figured out they are from a Veloce. Yours is only the 2nd one I have ever seen.

Scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 701241 I have a photo of the my car's "B" pillar.
Frans,
The rear quarter window is glued to a u-shaped rubber gasket and then inserted into the "B" piller on my 101 Sprint Veloce. The car has been in my family since 1961 and have the original gasket. I replaced it when I completed the restoration.
The fact is that I have two cars from 1959 and from both cars I am missing the trim I mentioned. Would it be possible that the cars originally were fitted with the rubber gasket like yours? It is understandable that these rubber ones are disappeared during all these years. Nobody here who can confirm this?
Frans

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frans,
The trim you are looking for is the same as I have on my '57 Sprint. I may have one or two of these in my "extra parts bin". I will look. They seem to be rather rare.

I also have some of the 750 Veloce trim you show in your later picture. I posted pictures of the piece on the far left a few years ago trying to figure out where they go. I finally figured out they are from a Veloce. Yours is only the 2nd one I have ever seen.

Scott
Scott, thanks for your offer but maybe only the pre 6610 ones has the chrome trim. I try to find out first and when I want them I let you know.
Thanks in advance,
Frans

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have decided to use the rubber gaskets as described by kuni123456. They came with all the rubbers I had ordered.

I was wrong about the silver material that came from Elvezio, it is the correct material. Today I took a closer look.

20150115_143703w.jpg

Frans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts