·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
Yea

I watched that auction, and had to chuckle toward the end when the bidding jumped by $1,200 from $5,300 to the final, winning price of $6,500. Some wag volunteered: "Whats funny is that $1k at this point is a drop in the overall bucket of where this is going to end up costing…."

Some good things about this GT: the dash, interior and exterior trim looked decent. But the body?? Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking through all the pictures it may be a matter of the media blasting some zinc chromate primer and some panel replacement ...then the fun part..,.details or could be a great driver

·
Super Moderator
10,798 Posts
it may be a matter of the media blasting some zinc chromate primer and some panel replacement
Or the new owner may just box everything up and ship it off to Alfaholics for the GTA clone treatment. Who needs sound body panels when you're going to replace everything with aluminum? They may have spent $6,500 just to get the VIN; you can't import an Alfaholics-built chassis into the US (*), but can import a '67 Alfa with a valid VIN.

*) International buyers can get a GTA clone completely built by Alfaholics (see: https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars/completed-builds/gta-r-project-270/alfaholics-gta-r-290-completed/ ) But I've heard that you can't import those into the US, as they aren't DOT certified.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or the new owner may just box everything up and ship it off to Alfaholics for the GTA clone treatment. Who needs sound body panels when you're going to replace everything with aluminum? They may have spent $6,500 just to get the VIN; you can't import an Alfaholics-built chassis into the US, but can import a '67 Alfa with a valid VIN.
Ha!!!!! Maybe Max bought it!!!!
:sneaky2:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Exactly, who said it will ever go back to the US?
I have noticed cars in this condition have been leaving the US over the last few years. I imported a similar condition LHD 66 GT Veloce into Australia 18 months ago, saved it from being chopped up. It needs a LHD dash. There are no issues putting the car on the road in Australia.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
ALFA Romeo's do well on BAT. Get more exposure than here, cause many of us are not looking. Don't know how much % Bat get? Does anyone?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Thanks ARwrench! Wish to know what's under that bus? Wonder if it's ALFA?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts