Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive my whining.. but I can't get rid of my fronts squealing to high heaven.

It has had these pads on for about 2000 miles and lately they have been really bad. I don't recall it as a problem from the get-go Car: '72 Super 1.3; ATE all around;

I took the pads off and beveled them; installed shims slathered with anti- squeal grease on both sides and still does it . Groove is clear of dust. Pistons are aligned properly. Takes a few miles to do it but it always comes back. I have a sticky piston on the right front because after a ride the wheel is warmer than ambient unlike the other three. Not hot just warm to the touch. Braking is even and fine. The pads are AXXIS Super performance organic. It's embarrassing when I sound like a bus.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Push hard and live
9,637 Posts
Wrong pads. I haven't kept up with the name changes over the years, but the Axxis pads are made by PBR. You should find the equivalent of the old PBR/Repco Deluxe. I'm guessing you have a track-type pad, not street type.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon? anyway thank you... anyone else got a recommendation on pads? I always thought they were like tooth paste or cheap booze..

·
Push hard and live
9,637 Posts
I've been using Centric pads lately, with happy results.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW, I took the car to Lime Rock last weekend .. 450 mile round trip.. The brakes cured themselves. No more squeal. I love these cures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts